FlatWorld Region Format
Post: #1
Today I imported the Creative FlatWorld I had started on my own server not long ago. I developed a format for managing the world and I'm going to enforce it be used by all of you or it could get unorganised and out of hand. In addition to the blacklist and certain events blocked by WorldGuard in the config, this format contributes to a very manageable and grief-free Creative world. The previous Creative world was a disaster, how bout we decide to not let it happen again as everyone loves being able to dabble in Creative mode as well as Survival.

I just finished making more plots... these plots are very large - roughly 100x100. They're not all entirely symmetrical, but they still lock nicely into a grid. I will continue to make more. They are all outlined with blackwool and replaced with glowstone as we define them for players.

Start by selecting a blackwool square.
do [color=#FF4500][font=Courier]//replace 35:15 glowstone[/font][/color]
then [color=#FF4500][font=Courier]//expand vert[/font][/color] to reach from 0-256

[font=Courier][color=#FF4500]/region define <exactplayername>_flatworld <exactplayername>[/color][/font]
then [font=Courier][color=#FF4500]/region flag <regionname> greeting You have entered a region owned by <exactplayername>[/color][/font]
----- don't do the farewell flag... they're getting annoying as they spam the screen. I'm going to delete them all.

And where I say <exactplayername>, I mean 'VlperX' not 'viperx'. Even use the right capital letters.

And you're done.
Always use a string in the square to see if it already has a region...
The squares closest to spawn are my own reserved spots for art which impresses me - anything that catches your eye, be sure to share.
Remember, as Editor+, you bypass all regions. Please don't build in the centre square at spawn, nor the squares adjacent to it.

The 100x100 squares are for people you think are cool and deserve it, please use the smaller ones otherwise. This may become taxing on us all as more and more people want plots... I could just give them the perms to claim the spot themselves but do you really think they will stick to the squares? Soon I'll be working on a way to sell the plots in Obsidia simply by right-clicking a sign. Ideally, I could use the same method for the FlatWorld.

You can find the list on a sign at the world spawn. Moderators+ bypass it.

I recommend you use Dynmap to help you find the plots. You will notice the squares are very easy to see with the map and at day, while the occupied squares glow at night. Using [color=#FF4500][font=Courier]/ptime day/night[/font][/color] will change your player time so you can identify plots easier without annoying other players.

I think that is all. Sorry for my somewhat large posts... I do my best to keep you all updated with as much detail as possible. Please pay more attention to the forum as we will be using it to build the community and to keep organised.

Regards,
ViperX
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)