Should Moderator's have GodMode?
No. I feel it is unnecessary and ultimately unfair.
66.67%
10
Yes. I raise a valid argument in my post below.
33.33%
5
15 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

GodMode
Post: #71
Nope, saw nothing specific in any of it.

So basically if we aren't in the same Skype calls as you and aren't online at the same times as you, we're out of the loop and uninformed, and that's our fault, is it?

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #72

Woah.. really?
I.. wasn't aware. I wonder when the heck that changed.


I'm concerned because it doesn't seem to be working on Acheron.. I'd like to know if, perhaps, only Admins sometimes keep their GodMode on Acheron, and not Mods/Archmod.

  Reply
Post: #73
I think since Admins have to ungod twice to ungod that's why it carries. It has never carried over for me.

And I hope you caught the edit to my last post.

EDIT: I noticed that you couldn't hit people in godmode when in Shipwreck valley, meat was goofing off and tried to punch me (this was when he was denizen) and tried to punch me, not realizing I was in god. When I went to punch him back, it didn't do anything until I ungodded.

[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
  Reply
Post: #74

Please don't force me to go look for it..

It's just one of the many ideas that have been revolving around the forum and Skype planning for Asyr. I'm absolutely certain I've mentioned it a few times and that some of you remember. But obviously, our Asyr planning hasn't been coordinated properly anyway.
  Reply
Post: #75

Yeah I need to get my head around how the plugins are conflicting, causing this problem.


Yeah I saw it. Twas well put.
  Reply
Post: #76
Honestly, this has blown up so much I feel I need to step in again with my opinions.
Composer has raised many valid points as to why it should be the kept, the most prevalent of them being 'why give it to them in the first place.' Probably because dark gave it to them, well before Viper had any influence over how the server was run.


Moderator was [u][b]not[/b][/u] intended to be wildly different from other players, something I have definitely had a say in when it was in redevelopment stages in Viper's early management days. It was intended to be a guiding person who could resolve conflicts and use punishment when necessary, not a player who has a significant advantage over other players in regards to natural dangers posed by the Minecraft world, and even other players in some respects, even with PvP disabled. We want to rectify this issue because we want to balance Moderator out again to make it less apart from the rest of the playerbase, so they aren't seen as people who have been elevated to a position where the higher-ranking staff have decided they are no longer required to play survival Minecraft as it was intended by the creators.


Moderator is [i]only[/i] a conflict-resolving, observant, and minor punishment role, not a role which gains a significant upper hand in natural survival.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #77
If you were going to make a change, it should have been done LONG ago. However they have had it for a long time now, and there is really no legitimate reason to take it away other than to "make it more like the player base." That doesn't seem to me to be a big enough reason to me to take away something that has been in place for possibly years. There should be a LEGITIMATE DOWNSIDE to removing it before it is done, not just "to make it more like the player base." It's a staff rank, and it deserves to be treated as such, not just as another player.

EDIT: I will stress THIS: THERE IS NO NEED TO MAKE THIS CHANGE.


[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
  Reply
Post: #78
And just to add something, even admins (or at least I) can't access godmode in Acheron.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #79
After briefly reading the posts herein, and discussing the matter further, I would like to redact my vote, and abstain from voting completely.
  Reply
Post: #80
If I may approach the big kid table WITHOUT getting screamed at, god mode has never been an issue for me. I think the mods should keep it. In a way, mods are like admins with training wheels (yes, it makes sense). They should have some rights. Mods have had their powers cut pretty severely lately, so I think god mode needs to stay so that the moderators don't feel like they have even less power.

Let the kids play around some more guys. If there are complaints about it, then I would say remove it. [hr]
Composer's Quote on his Signature: YES

[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]

[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]

Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers

There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)