Should Moderator's have GodMode?
No. I feel it is unnecessary and ultimately unfair.
66.67%
10
Yes. I raise a valid argument in my post below.
33.33%
5
15 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

GodMode
Post: #1
[size=medium][font=Tahoma]Since I discovered Mod's had GodMode, I questioned why..

.. and I still do.

I honestly, wholeheartedly feel that it was a stupendously ill-thought decision. There is absolutely no reason for a Moderator to have GodMode. They should not have any luxuries that would give them an unfair gameplay advantage over other players. And when we boil them down to permissions, the only extra commands they should have, are supposed to support their ability to moderate.

I've never been confronted with a sound argument for them having GodMode. Unless any of you have one, I would like to propose a vote for removing it entirely, so that only those with Creative are afforded the right.

This vote will last one week.[/font][/size]
  Reply
Post: #2
I would like it to be removed, as you have stated above, it is an advantage that most (articulate) players we have would find unfair in a survival situation. I say remove it.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #3
Yeah, I recall when I was mod, I'd always have it on, and just mess around then. It really took the enjoyment out of being a player. So yeah, I figure they have no necessary reason for god.

*insert deep quote/completely original joke here*

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #4
I don't think it's... unfair, it does seem unnecessary though.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #5
You don't think it's unfair?

What right do Mod's have, to have such a massive advantage over the other players?

I sure as hell would be complaining, or leaving for another server.

It's about time we did something about this.
  Reply
Post: #6
Massive advantage? They just can't die.

It's not like there is PVP is world where the mods actually fucking get GodMode.

And of course they would have a massive advantage over other players. THEY ARE TRUSTED STAFF. Yes, it doesn't exactly help with moderation much but you shouldn't completely strip them of that perm because it grants them the luxury of not dying.

If anyone complains about it then they must be out of their mind: OH? STAFF HAVE AN ADVANTAGE OVER ME? HOLY SHIT, I AM LEAVING THIS IS SO UNFAIR.

So it's a no from me.

- Edit

and who has complained? I have never seen anyone complain, so that should be reason enough to leave it as is.
  Reply
Post: #7
Have you actually gotten any complaints? I don't see how someone could get that butt hurt over us having ONE luxury in a screw-around survival world

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #8
I agree it may be unfair, but I don't think it's an issue unless they have it in pvp, or you are actually getting complaints. And I have 3 reasons why it can be helpful for mods.

1. It's an incentive to want to be mod. I bet one of the leading factors some people applied for mod was the god mode. I feel like mods are already weakened since they can no longer permaban (to my knowledge).

2. If we view moderator as a rank where we want mods to rank up, I don't think they should go from no god to god + creative. Allowing mods to have god can show how well they will do in a higher rank based on how they use it.

3. One of a mods jobs is to tp to others to make sure they are not griefing right? How will they be sure they are safe teleporting to people without god mode? This could make mods hesitant to teleport for their own safety, allowing a griefer to possibly do more damage than they would have before.

EDIT: Also this poll is completely biased. Anybody who thinks mods should have god have to vote and post, while the naysayers only have to vote? For this to be fair, they should have to state their reasoning as well.

[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
  Reply
Post: #9
Well, my opinion has been changed by Comp and Zahn. Wish I could take back my vote now :T

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #10
The /vanish command prevents outgoing and incoming damage to Moderators who have used it, but to my knowledge, it does not affect the hunger bar. If you are vanished, you shouldn't need to worry about your safety, considering that the griefer cannot see you and take measures to harm you.

And if you have changed your mind, there is an Undo Vote option on the poll, so you can then vote on the other one.

[Image: ]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: