Post: #31
04-28-201303:47 PM
What is that supposed to mean, hm?
[Image: ]
| Should Moderator's have GodMode? | |||
| No. I feel it is unnecessary and ultimately unfair. | 10 | ||
| Yes. I raise a valid argument in my post below. | 5 | ||
| 15 vote(s) | |||
| * You voted for this item. | [Show Results] |
|
GodMode
|
|
Post: #32
04-28-201303:51 PM
Like I said before, they chose to be mod, they knew that they would be contributing to the server more, but that doesn't mean that they can be invincible. Not all players can be mod, and if you are really so interested in equality, then they should be equal to the other surviving players.
[Image: ] Post: #33
04-28-201303:59 PM
Hello Viper.
1) It makes myself and the other mods feel terrible that you don't realise the time we have sacrificed to assist with keeping this server going. Whenever I have some spare time I will go on the server and do whatever I can, and I know that's what all other mods do too. 2)Why shouldn't we have any luxuries? We are staff too, we also work hard, we do whatever we can to help, we have earned admins trust, otherwise how would we have gotten moderator? The majority of 'good' reasons that have been brought up, have been arguing that it should not be abolished, and that it is a reward for the hard work that we put in on a daily basis. 3)"Mod is an easy rank to get" - if you go into the rank applications section, and click on the "DENIED APPLICATIONS" section, you will probably find that the majority of applications have been turned down! You can't just be some random player looking to get some added respect, you have to be somewhat intelligent, and have a high level of respect for players with a higher rank than you, as well as non-staff players. 4) "With regards to the vote being biased" Wow, you are admitting that you're biased. Well, I have a proposition. How about you look at this situation from our point of view? How do you think we feel that you are attempting to strip us of this privilege? Well I can tell you from my point of view it feels terrible, Viper. I hope that you will, for once, look at our point of view, and then form a decision based on the poll, And listen to everyone who agrees with me. Post: #34
04-28-201304:01 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-28-201304:11 PM by TheComposer.)
With that logic everyone should be equal right? Being able to use world edit is only NECESSARY for regioning, so why not only allow admins to use it for that and not building? Gives them an advantage over others who have to place block by block, and it doesn't help them do their job in any way, AND they knew what they were getting into when they became Admins too, so why should they get help with building? Your logic baffles me. EDIT: You still didn't provide a downside to mods having god mode. You failed to give me the one negative to mods having god mode that I asked for. [Image: ][Image: ] [color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color] Post: #35
04-28-201304:14 PM
That's not my logic, that's your logic baffling yourself. You guys want equality, yet for others to have an unfair advantage. I was pointing out how you are going against what you believe in, which confuses me. And Henry, those denied ones are mostly because they didn't meet the required things needed for mod, they were rushed apps or ones that didn't follow the guidelines. We all know that mods do a lot of work and spend a lot of time online, but even when you weren't mod, you still spent time on. Also, world edit isn't just necessary for regioning, some admins work on Asyr which is part of their task of admin.
[Image: ] Post: #36
04-28-201304:16 PM
I'm sorry, what? Uhm.. my head is so full of "WHAT FUCK DID I JUST READ?" That I'm gonna return to this later. Post: #37
04-28-201304:18 PM
Viper, I almost know you know what Composer said makes sense. You are just choosing to ignore a very valid statement.
My respect for you is dwindling... [Image: ] Post: #38
04-28-201304:20 PM
That was confusing the way he wrote it, but viper didn't chose to ignore it. And it's not valid at all, he's making fun of his own logic.
[Image: ] Post: #39
04-28-201304:23 PM
You are saying that they shouldn't have god mode because they do not need it and it is a luxury, and apparently mods do not need them. World edit allows you to build buildings easier than everyone else, but it is not necessary to your role. You see, the builders are masons/artisans, not admins. If you wish to be a builder, you should be a mason/artisan that can use it to build. Admins are meant to run the server by promoting/banning/regioning/fixing griefs. Nowhere in an admins job is world edit is necessary, so using your logic of mods don't NEED god mode, admins do not NEED world edit. You have rollback for griefs. AND you still haven't given me a downside to mods having god mode. Only that it is unnecessary. That is not a downside. [Image: ][Image: ] [color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color] Post: #40
04-28-201304:24 PM
^^^ Well done, Ren. Judge me based on your accusations. |