This is about luxuries. Colored names are soooooo helpful. And the more power you take away from mods, they lose even more respect. Their respect took a HUGE hit the moment the could no longer perma ban. Pretty soon moderator will be a JOKE. A joke that no one will want to apply for.
Again, this would be different if we were giving them god mode. But you are trying to take it away. The fact that them having god mode is useless is not a negative. I challenge you. Give me ONE, just ONE, downside to moderators having god mode.
[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
THIS IS COMPLETELY ABOUT LUXURIES OTHERWISE THIS THREAD WOULDN'T EXIST.
and just because it's an incentive doesn't mean that mods only want to get mods for the fucking luxuries none on the current staff have done that, so it's irrelevant to say that they state they are ready for more when they do not say that, and if you deem respect a luxury then I have no more to say to you, it's a fucking accomplishment.
This thread was opened asking for reasons for and against this argument, it wasn't about luxuries to start with, but because there is no reasons godmode will help moderators moderate you made it about luxuries. Respect is an accomplishment, normally earned through moderator, it's what you do as a moderator that determines how much respect you really have.
A downside is mods thinking they're invincible, in more ways then one. Even with as a mod with respect you still have to show respect, if you behaved well before you got mod to increase your chances of getting it then continue behaving that way, and don't puch other people below you around. I'm not accusing anyone of doing this, none of our current staff are like this and it has been done in the past.
I answered you now you answer me. Give me ONE, just ONE upside to moderators having godmode that doesn't have anything to do with luxuries.
[Image: ]
[i]Opinion time:[/i]
If higher-ups (OPs, leadadmins, whatever) don't [b][size=medium]like[/size], [size=large]respect[/size], and [size=x-large]trust[/size][/b] the moderators that [b][color=#FF0000][size=x-large]THEY HAND-FUCKING-PICK[/size][/color][/b] enough to let them have a nice little reward that absolutely nobody is even complaining about in the first place, they shouldn't be approving their applications/choosing them to be promoted in the first place.
[i][size=xx-small]Hopefully that's clear enough to understand.[/size][/i]
[Image: ]
They should not have any luxuries that would give them an unfair gameplay advantage over other players.
Why should Moderator have such luxuries? Moderator is obviously very easy to get, once you've put the hours in. I don't at all want to support anything that could evolve us into a server where players feel they have to be on staff to compete. And yes, I've dealt with a handful of respectful people who don't agree with Mod's having GodMode, and some have even expressed their concern about playing on such a server.
With regards to the vote being biased, I can understand how you'd reason that, but the idea was to vote no if you objected to the arguments [i]I[/i] made in the initial post. I wasn't looking for support for my arguments, I was looking for confrontation.
And as an incentive? I'm not interested in advertising Moderator, using GodMode.
Ren, there are still many who haven't voiced their opinion.
Composer, you're unique amongst those who oppose me on many things, because you're able to help me see your side a lot clearer. Why? because you raise arguments like this:
I support that, because that kind of reasoning is what led me to create ArchMod. You've been given privileges that would allow you to cheat and cause a bit of damage, before you're actually given the power of an Admin.
But as for the whole.. needing to stay alive when judging someone, they have Vanish for that. And as far as I know, vanish protects them anyway. If not, I'll make sure it does when/if I remove GodMode.
To finish this post,
I really, really do not want people applying for Mod because they get GodMode and Vanish. I want to filter those people out, and I must say, some of you aren't doing very well at that as it is.
I want players applying for Mod because they want to contribute to the server and they understand how, and that Admin is unreachable unless you prove all this; as it always has been.
Yup. We've removed those who did. As far as I can tell...
And yes, respect is an accomplishment foremost.
I don't understand your fight for Mod's having luxuries... most of the time, they haven't donated and haven't yet proven they deserve 'luxuries'. The two purposes of a Moderator is to keep players enforced and to prove you can do it and that you're potentially a great contributor to the community.
Mod's obviously come and go...
I just support it because they are still doing stuff to help run the server, so they deserve SOMETHING.
in any case this will be decided by the vote. It's been confirmed that 2 of the votes against mods having god were a mistake, so the vote for them keeping god mode leads 7-6. We'll see where it goes, but I honestly don't see a downside to mods having god mode.
[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
Sure, 'SOMETHING'
But GodMode?
no.
Why not? This is a discussion to remove it, not add it. There needs to be good reasons before making a change. I haven't seen enough other than it's pointless for them to have it, which is as neutral an argument as they come.
[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
[b]Viper's post in layman's terms:[/b]
[list]
[*]Mod is an easy rank to get - not needing much at all to achieve
[*]We aren't capable of telling apart people who are actually helpful to the server and those who just want perks
[*]They can just use /vanish instead (even though that's not the point most are trying to make)
[*]Most mods haven't donated any of their money (disregarding time and effort as factors of how much they contribute) to the server so they don't deserve a cool thing like godmode
[*]Mod is just a test rank to see if you're good enough.
[/list]
[i]Is there really anything more to say?[/i]
[Image: ]