Anti-griefing and Anti-build
Post: #11
We take a risk with it on the Minecraft server, too. Griefing is done in different ways, sure, but it's the same concept. Keep track of what's going on and all will be fine. You don't need global regions; perhaps you could region people's houses when they ask, or make an application for them to fill out.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #12
I agree with Saint, here. I don't think that new players will be all that attracted to the server if they can't build soon after they've joined the server, you could either let people set up their own regions, or just make sure there's always someone on hand to do it for them.
I don't think the application idea is as good, though. It'd cause quite a bit of clutter on the Forum, and it'd be hard to keep track of all the applications.

[Image: ]

  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: