Anti-griefing and Anti-build
Post: #1
(This message is for Ryan but everybody can read it)
Many players that come to the server to grief have enough rank
to grief (guest and regular), "Regular" rank is a rank that everyone can have,
giving the possibility to register and then grief all the building that are not protected,
try to change the "regular" rank to a rank that cant build (sorry guys :-/) a player that have enough time in the server will get the VIP rank, and get the possibility to build.

[font=Times New Roman][color=#FF0000]I come from the Shadows.[/color][/font]
  Reply
Post: #2
Then what's the point of playing? I certainly wouldn't sit around fighting shit for that long of a time.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #3
I actually agree on this one. Too many regulars have been griefing back then and it needs to stop. I would suggest making it happen so people can't grief. If they want a house, I can make a giant hotel for them. I just need /tile that's all. Also only DS can do that I can't. Now back to the griefing, It's uncontrollable but the idea that was posted (What DarkX2 made) is a good one. But I also thought up a new one, A place for regulars and guests! They can't get out untill they earn it. like make a good enough house or whatever, or maybe a tournament to see who gets out of the place! infact... I wanna get started on that when the server comes back up! See you soon!
  Reply
Post: #4
I don't think it's too good of an idea either, in terms of player retension; Nobody will come back if they can't even build. I'd think it's a better idea to region protect extensively, rather than disallow building for regulars completely

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #5
I don't think that would be the BEST idea...

Especially in a BUILDING game. No one would play if they couldn't build.

Would never work on any of the other servers (i.e Minecraft)

I echo Bino's idea:



[size=x-large]BECAUSE IT GOT HIT BY [color=#1E90FF]A MOTHERFUCKING BLUE SHELL[/color][/size]
[/quote]
  Reply
Post: #6
[/quote]
Well, at the same time, Terraria's focus is more on combat than building. Removing building privileges entirely would still not be such a great idea though. That means no mining, no digging between caverns in the jungle, etc etc

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #7
Then how about this? NOBODY can build at the top of the world, Underground is okay it's just they can't build in the main part of the world.

Edit: Wow, That might have been rude of me. Apologies!
  Reply
Post: #8
That sounds alright; but still, so long as your staff is competent, you won't have to do this.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #9
but... the floating islands, people love making houses on there.

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply
Post: #10
^^^^^^^


[size=x-large]BECAUSE IT GOT HIT BY [color=#1E90FF]A MOTHERFUCKING BLUE SHELL[/color][/size]
[/quote]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: