#Moderator IzzyKart57
Post: #1
[b]Why do you want to be a Moderator?[/b]
I want to be a moderator because I want to help people on the server, and explain things to them that they might not understand. This explanation might seem vague, but i'll be going into more details later in the application, trust me.

[b]What do you think it takes to be a good Moderator?[/b]
It takes a lot of things to be a good moderator, the one I think being most important is common sense, 'cause you can't just go around and be like "hurr durr... I dont know what this is so ill try using it", since the results from this could be devastating to the server. Other things that good moderators need is maturity when needed, responsibility, problem-solving skills, and overall a deep understanding of how things work.

[b]Have you played at least 80 hours?[/b]
Well... on the new map, no, but overall, i've probably played for something like 200-500 hours on Darkspin, which is not very surprising considering I joined in October of 2012.

[b]Tell us a little bit about yourself, your gameplay and what you think of the server.[/b]
Ahhh, now HERE'S the bulk of the app. A little about me is that I generally enjoy building things in MC, and I generally like a lot of Sonic games (though I could never get my hands on Sonic 3 and Knuckles :( ), plus some Mario from time to time. As for my gameplay on Darkspin, I've been around since 2012, though was absent for almost the past year. The very first person I ever knew on DS was fairy_twinkles (old players might remember her), and we both had a house very close to the Obsidia spawn, though it got griefed a lot. I also lived in my cousin's (dark_assassin85) town, I forget the name though. I could go on and on, but that's basically my first experiences with Darkspin. Now, I've had very mixed feelings about Darkspin over the years, most recently being hopeful as the server could rebuild itself back to what it WAS. However, before that, I mainly felt disappointed and unhopeful that the server could ever possibly make a comeback from THAT state. But, Haden worked with Bino and d4rkspin to restore the server :D

[b]Anything we should know about?[/b]
I have past experience with being a moderator, but not on Darkspin... I was moderator for another server before it went down due to lack of players, so i'm decently familiarized with the commands I need to know.

[b]Have 3 admins confirmed they trust you?[/b]
I'm going to make the assumption that I can skip this question. If I can't, let me know, but i'm pretty sure Darkspin doesn't even HAVE 3 admins right now.

[b]If you are confirmed, do you swear not to use your powers for stupid/irresponsible/revenge purposes?[/b]
I swear that I won't abuse my powers.

Do you agree to the fact that if you are inactive for a month, your Moderator rank will be revoked?
I do agree, can't see why I would be inactive for that long anyways.

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
  Reply
Post: #2
Sounds fair enough.

All seems good here, although I also think that Moderators need to also have a sense of when to lay it off and have fun and allow others to have fun with them.

You seem to have the same feeling that many of us did, having memories of the old server and wanting that to be a thing again in whatever way you can. All good things, especially with your long history.

Haha tru

All in all, sounds like you're willing to help and give assistance with some of the smaller things a moderator can do with their powers.

[b][color=#32CD32]Yes[/color][/b] from me. We'll leave this up for a while to see others' suggestions.

You look like you're going to spend your life having one epiphany after another, always thinking you've finally figured out what's holding you back, and how you can finally be productive and creative and turn your life around; but nothing will ever change; that cycle of mediocrity isn't due to some obstacle, it's who you are.
[b]The thing standing in the way of your dreams
Is that the person having them is you.[/b]
  Reply
Post: #3

All seems good here, although I also think that Moderators need to also have a sense of when to lay it off and have fun and allow others to have fun with them.[/quote]
Heh
I do think he should become a mod because he does have a long history on this server, and he frequently talks about it going back to how it was irl.(I have half of my messages about it, the other half pingas related X.X).
[hr]
Dang it it didn't qoute.....

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply
Post: #4

...erm, you saw nothing.

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
  Reply
Post: #5
If I was an Admin still, I'd say it'd be good to give him a shot
  Reply
Post: #6
The only reason I'm somewhat hesitant is that there was a previous ban, but even then, that ban wasn't for anything major, and frankly, was more of an admin oversight than a real exploit. Izzy plays a lot, knows the community, and seems to want to help out the server as much as possible, so I'd say yes

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #7
That's a majoratie of the major people in the community saying yes, so welcome aboard

You look like you're going to spend your life having one epiphany after another, always thinking you've finally figured out what's holding you back, and how you can finally be productive and creative and turn your life around; but nothing will ever change; that cycle of mediocrity isn't due to some obstacle, it's who you are.
[b]The thing standing in the way of your dreams
Is that the person having them is you.[/b]
  Reply
Post: #8

Yay :D

Also, I'm assuming this could be moved to #APPROVED

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)