Minecraft 1.8 issues.
Post: #1
Hello folks,
As most of you probably know, you will given the ability to change your names in the upcoming 1.8 update. Cool, huh? Well, not really (For me anyways.)
It gives me pain because there are all the plugins that are still using the old system using player names, rather than using the new system of UUID's.
This means, I might run into a significant amount of issues with plugins, namely Permissions, Banning, Stats, Balance, and Block logs.
So for the time being, I am going to block [b]Anyone[/b] from joining the server if you have changed your name, you will be prompted to change your name back to your original one and you will be able to join the server again once you've changed it.
It may seem harsh, because I'm sure there are a bunch of you who can't wait to change your name that you made up 3 years ago, but the server wouldn't be able to function at its current state without this feature.
Thanks.

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #2
Oh and, all our databases will be effectively useless after the update... Meaning a huge amount of work for me (And possibly Bino)

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #3

>Implying

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #4

>Implying
[/quote]

>Implying you're implying


[size=x-large]BECAUSE IT GOT HIT BY [color=#1E90FF]A MOTHERFUCKING BLUE SHELL[/color][/size]
[/quote]
  Reply
Post: #5
(Time to give this old thread a 1-UP)


>Implying you're implying you're implying

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply
Post: #6
DON'T THREAD NECRO, GOSHDANGIT .-.


[size=x-large]BECAUSE IT GOT HIT BY [color=#1E90FF]A MOTHERFUCKING BLUE SHELL[/color][/size]
[/quote]
  Reply
Post: #7
>Implying you're implying you're implying DON'T THREAD NECRO, GOSHDANGIT .-.[hr]
XD

>Implying you're implying you're implying DON'T THREAD NECRO, GOSHDANGIT .-. XD

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply
Post: #8
(I'm so sorry to revive it, but there is a thought that is bugging me for quite a while now)

So your saying that until the plugins are changed for 1.8.x and adjusted to the new system, are we going to stay at 1.7?

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply
Post: #9
yes. because we cant run a server without the plugins.[hr]
a server like this*

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply
Post: #10
Aw. I wanted to see the new items in DS. Well, then I hope those people who develop the plugins will do it real quick when 1.8 comes.

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)