Would you play on a DS Starbound server?
Yes
44.44%
4
No, because I will play on Terraria
11.11%
1
No, I don't play Terraria or Starbound
44.44%
4
9 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Starbound Server!
Post: #1
So obviously, most of you have played Starbound. I've mentioned to Darkspin that a Starbound server would likely end up getting a lot of traffic, and was all for it. Now, just to make sure: Who would be interested in playing on it? It does have a lot of overlap with Terraria, and the big problem (Aside from a lack of any alternative server software) is that I think it would divide the Terraria players in the community, resulting in half as many players on both servers. Any thoughts?
I'm also adding a poll, just to see how many people are interested without requiring everyone to type out a post.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #2
you'll probably see me on, because this game supports linux

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply
Post: #3
I want this to be a thing. And we could have Space Station 13-themed stuff! Not that any of you have ever heard of that game except from me, but a lot of Starbound players come from /tg/station and FacepunchStation.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #4
Y u no vote?!?!
Not that it's super important, it still doesn't look like there's as much interest as I thought

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #5
voted.

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply
Post: #6
I'll host it if someone wants to buy me the game. It looks like yet another game I'll likely not play.

If I do play it however I'll pay the person back.

  Reply
Post: #7
Eh, honestly man, I'm not sure it's worth the bandwidth usage at this point. It's already rather intensive to host, and it doesn't look like it would get very much activity

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #8


[color=#32CD32]>suggests server
>doesn't want to do the server anymore[/color]
[Image: ]


[size=x-large]BECAUSE IT GOT HIT BY [color=#1E90FF]A MOTHERFUCKING BLUE SHELL[/color][/size]
[/quote]
  Reply
Post: #9


[color=#32CD32]>suggests server
>doesn't want to do the server anymore[/color]
[Image: ]
[/quote]

[color=#32CD32]>posts in thread
>doesn't read thread[/color]
There was almost 0 interest, and it would hurt performance on our other servers

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #10
one of the reasons i bought starbound was to play it with people from here :/

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: