Minecraft 1.7 Preparation.
Post: #1
Hello everyone!

So, as I'm sure many of you know Minecraft 1.7 is on its way shortly, Mojang is even saying if things go according to plan it will be released this Friday, the 25th of October. This has kind of crept up on me, and I was not expecting this update so soon, even though I have been keeping tabs on it.

So a huge issue, as well as a huge bonus arises with this update; new Biomes. I've given this a lot of thought, and I've ruled out starting a new world, because that's not reasonable, and manually deleting all the unused chunks so they can reload but that would consume a ridiculous amount of time and we only have a few people who are able to do that.

So, what I propose:
The best solution that I have come up with is cutting down the WorldBorder by more than half, to roughly 3500 blocks (I'm open to negotiation) and then, deleting all the chunks outside of that so that they can regenerate. What does this mean? It means we need to check the location of everyone's builds, and if it doesn't fall within 3500 blocks of spawn, We will move it using WorldEdit.

This is going to require a huge amount of cooperation for it to go smoothly. We need to get as many people on-board as possible, so that we don't miss a build. It will be difficult, yes and will require a lot of work. But this means that we will be able to get the most of the new update.

In the rare occasion that something does go wrong, and means that we miss someone's house I am willing to offer compensation depending on how often they play, and what their past looks like (Bans, warns etc.)

I will be very grateful for those that will make a significant contribution. You will be rewarded.


[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #2
Well, i'll help in any way possible. One thing, would everyone be able to check their own builds? it would help out HEAPS
  Reply
Post: #3
Update:
DrLeopard and Geek96 have created an awesome map for us to use. The zone between the two circles is what will be cleared. Here's a link to the picture: >>Picture<<

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #4
Another shoutout: You guys might not know him, but CaptainHandsome has returned! He's the genius that built the Tower of Light on the Nether ceiling. Be kind to him.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #5
I've been here 2 years, never heard of him.


[size=x-large]BECAUSE IT GOT HIT BY [color=#1E90FF]A MOTHERFUCKING BLUE SHELL[/color][/size]
[/quote]
  Reply
Post: #6
http://ci.md-5.net/job/Spigot/
F5 F5 F5... come on spigot!
  Reply
Post: #7
near /warp gaylove is my.... shrine for gh0st, could you move that within the borders, preferably in a desert

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply
Post: #8
Sure Blue -- I'll get that moved if not already done. We've worked pretty well and thanks to the efforts of you guys I think we've found everything that needs to be moved so it's possible that we'll be able to update to 1.7 soon. Just waiting on Spigot!

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #9
its been moved

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply
Post: #10
[Image: ]

so yeah, we have a 1.6 spigot that's compatible with 1.7, it is very unstable though, i would not recommend using it, but if you want to test it, here is a link: http://ci.md-5.net/job/Spigot-1.7/

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: