Post: #1
10-09-201308:01 PM
Well hello everyone!
As the title suggests, a World border has been introduced for the main world (Obsidia)
Now, before you start yelling at me saying "NOW WE CAN'T EXPLORE NEW PLACES D:" The world border starts 8000 blocks from spawn, which I think is an ideal balance which permits future growth/exploration and justifies a World Border at all.
So why did I introduce this, you may ask? Well for starters it increases the performance of the server, making all your experiences more enjoyable because of a lag reduction, which is great for all players, even making it more bearable for folks over my side of the rock. I honestly noticed an improvement right after installing it. Also, if you all want a World download at some stage, it will mean the file will be a significant amount smaller.
I think I've made sure that everything important falls within the border, but if you happen to have any of your constructions Beyond the World Border, please let me know and I'll happily move it inside for you!
You can easily see the border from the Dynmap (http://map.darkspin.com) it's represented as a red line in a circle, with spawn in the very centre. You'll also notice that only about 1/3 of the map is explored within the zone, and a tiny percentage has any sign of life whatsoever.
So that's about it! If you guys have any questions/statements to make, feel free to post something below. Also, if you notice any issues notify me immediately please.
NOTE: If we ever get to the stage where we explore/populate all of the area within the border, I'll happily expand the area, or remove the plugin completely.
Thanks guys!
As the title suggests, a World border has been introduced for the main world (Obsidia)
Now, before you start yelling at me saying "NOW WE CAN'T EXPLORE NEW PLACES D:" The world border starts 8000 blocks from spawn, which I think is an ideal balance which permits future growth/exploration and justifies a World Border at all.
So why did I introduce this, you may ask? Well for starters it increases the performance of the server, making all your experiences more enjoyable because of a lag reduction, which is great for all players, even making it more bearable for folks over my side of the rock. I honestly noticed an improvement right after installing it. Also, if you all want a World download at some stage, it will mean the file will be a significant amount smaller.
I think I've made sure that everything important falls within the border, but if you happen to have any of your constructions Beyond the World Border, please let me know and I'll happily move it inside for you!
You can easily see the border from the Dynmap (http://map.darkspin.com) it's represented as a red line in a circle, with spawn in the very centre. You'll also notice that only about 1/3 of the map is explored within the zone, and a tiny percentage has any sign of life whatsoever.
So that's about it! If you guys have any questions/statements to make, feel free to post something below. Also, if you notice any issues notify me immediately please.
NOTE: If we ever get to the stage where we explore/populate all of the area within the border, I'll happily expand the area, or remove the plugin completely.
Thanks guys!
[Image: ]

