What's happened?
Post: #1
Hey everyone.
A few of you know, that my account was hacked a couple of hours ago. there was an exploit in the version of Spigot that we were using, read about it here:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/psa-server-exploit-discovered-update-immediately/

So yeah, "The exploit allowed them to log in as any user on the server, causing havoc and doing as they please"

I am responsible for this, because I hadn't been doing the correct thing, which was checking the spigot page for updates. I am extremely sorry that some of your creative builds are destroyed, and unfortunately I don't think that we can roll it back, because LogBlock doesn't recognise Worldedit changes.

Also, the spawn that MasterDeathCon and I created, has been turned into a giant hole in the ground. We'll try and get that fixed soon too. There is no danger of this happening with the current version of Spigot we are running, because I updated it very recently.

If LogBlock allows us to rollback this insane griefing, that'd be great, but if not, we'll need all the help we can get to get the worlds running again.

Oh, and nothing apart from the spawn area was destroyed in Obsidia, so don't worry.

Thanks guys, we'll do our best to get things running to the way it was before all this.

Read a pastebin of the damage these folks did here: http://pastebin.com/7y7B7naq

If you want to contact me further about any of this, just add me on Steam, my account is in my Signature.



[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #2
*UPDATE*
I've now got the Obsidia Spawn running once again.

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #3
*UPTATE*
I've repaired the spawn, I had to remove Recon's building, and I've walled off the creative spawn, to prevent people from freaking out. Also, I made an admin shop selling items and armor/tools.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #4
The IP address used by the attacker was Australian (Near Melbourne, at least, the internet provider).
It's probably a safe assumption that it was someone that knew us, as they knew to use Henry's username. So... Any Australian Asyrcraftians that would know how to pull this off?

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #5
His name was Kingofcreeperz1. And I already IP banned him. I did /dupeip Kingofcreeperz1, and his IP duped Hennerz and Dinnerbone.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #6

Huh, did we know the guy, or was it just a random act of douchebaggery? A quick google shows that account in particular is his main account, it's relatively well established, and hilariously enough, there are some mod apps for other servers in that name. Oh, also, fun fact, there is a website hosted from that IP. And an unsecured ftp server. Oh goody!

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #7

[Image: ]

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #8
Appropriate face is appropriate.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #9
[size=medium][color=#FFFFFF]I'm sure we can roll back the world to its last save that wasnt destroyed.
I'm gonna go nigga shit on this ftp server.[/color][/size]

[size=xx-large][color=#FFD700]8==0~~[/color][color=#000000]Dark[/color] [color=#FF6347][color=#FFDAB9][color=#FF0000]Meat[/color][color=#000000]Spin[/color][/color][/color] [color=#9400D3]Servers[/color][color=#FFD700]~~0==8[/color][/size]
[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #10
Let me revise this:


[Image: ]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: