Geekboy for Mod
Post: #1
[b]Why do you want to be a Moderator?[/b]
1) It was Henry.
2) I'm willing to lend a hand.
3) I'm willing to fix griefs.
4) I'm willing to have fun and not take things too seriously.
5) I'm willing to make sure others have fun and not take things too seriously.

[b]What do you think it takes to be a good Moderator?[/b]
A good moderator needs patience, understanding, and experience. Some people apply for admin or mod right away thinking "oh wow, this is great, now I get great perks!". This isn't what being an admin or a mod is about and I've seen too many people apply for that purpose only. You need to understand that when Spiderman's dead uncle said "with great power comes great responsibility", he wasn't joking. One thing that mods aren't warned about is that not everyone may agree with you. They might harass you for being a mod, judging every move you make and trying to use your words against you if they consider you their enemy. Maybe it's difference of opinion, maybe they're in the wrong, maybe you are, but the fact is, they'll go after you and they'll do a lot to shut you down if they can.

With that said, you need to be willing to help these enemies if they need your help and if this call for help is meant to be answered. You need to accept that you cannot please everyone, but if you manage to fix what is meant to be fixed no matter who's involved, then you are the better person in the end because you've contributed to the cause you were meant to contribute to. You need to be ready to act when you're required to act. You need to be on your toes when suspicious activity happens so that if it goes in a direction you do not want it to go, you're there and you can fix it. Most of all, you need to not take everything seriously. People are going to bug you and tire you out sometimes, but that's all part of the job. There's good things too when you're a mod, that's probably why you applied for it in the first place. Learn how to have a good time, be patient, be understanding, and people are gonna have a good time with you.

[b]Have you played at least 80 hours?[/b]
4 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes total. 4 days = 96 minutes. I think I'm good to go on that note.

[b]Tell us a little bit about yourself, your gameplay and what you think of the server.[/b]
Once upon a time, there was a Medic on a TF2 server from the Darkspin community who had just finished competing in UGC's Summer League. Somewhere else on Darkspin's TF2 server, a Soldier roamed with that Medic, questioning via a voice-chat whether or not the Darkspin team's Sniper was any good or not during the final Badwater match. And I said, "I believe it was a ringer." This is entirely relevant because this Soldier was Green_Ed, the Medic was me, and without Green and I setting up Minecraft servers through Hamachi and failing, we would not be playing on Darkspin's Minecraft server because Green was like "hey, I know a place" and here we are.

I'm a person who likes games that have the option to expand on a personal level. By this, I mean anything with creativity options like Minecraft, Terraria, TF2, Soul Calibur, and dress-up games. If I can't mine for diamonds without dying or I realize my aggro Scout is just too aggro, I'm just gonna spend time seeing what I can build with whatever wool I have or customize whatever hat looks good on my Medic. I'm very fond of building things - maybe not entirely from an architectural perspective, but even if it looks cool or its purpose comes off as cool. DS appealed to me because it was Minecraft with a lot more to offer, be it with people, plugins, or possibilities.

[b]Anything we should know about?[/b]
I'm observant and I memorize names and physical things fairly well if I come across them. In the first week of being on DS' server, I noted a username being banned for griefing for 3 days. There was a snafu with the username, which is why I remembered it. 3 days later, the guy comes back, and I immediately recognize his name. I'm the one trying to ask people to get a mod to come online since I don't have any added, but the damage is done and he leaves again with a second offense of griefing. (Blackops1560 is the griefer name.) A mod who will be left unnamed comes on, rebans for 1 day even after the report I give, tells me to shut up when I voice my opinion on how the guy sould be permabanned, and leaves with no intention to try and repair creative. It's then that me, Bluevertro, Green_Ed, and Jawa attempt to fix what was damaged. For those I couldn't fix and for those that were griefed in the first place, I marked each plot with three redstone to explain later to an OP the exact damages.

Also, I come from a TF2 Jailbreak server with approximately 7-8 months of admin experience, a majority of that being full root admin from the owner's trust and being one of the owner's Top 3 Favourites. For anybody who's played it on CSS or TF2, admining Jailbreak requires making sure people follow very concise rules, watching people closely if they're acting suspicious, and making sure nobody gets too bored. I also recognize new players right away, I know regular players enough, I've gained instinct in which I can feel a rule being broken, and I can read fellow admins' admining style based on their kicks, based on what plugins they use, and based on how much they actually act out when there's multiple admins online versus how much they sit back and relax.

[b]Have 3 admins confirmed they trust you? If so, ask them to post a comment approving on your application. Or, any admin can post here. A list of eligible admins will be included with the command list.[/b]
Henry, you know what you gotta do.

[b]If you are confirmed, do you swear not to use your powers for stupid/irresponsible/revenge purposes?[/b]
Yes.

[b]Do you agree to the fact that if you are inactive for a month, your Moderator rank will be revoked?[/b]
Yes.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #2
This app, is extremely well written, one of the best that I've ever seen. I know that you have a bright future ahead of you. A HUGE yes from me!

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #3
...
[Video: ]

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #4
}:- ) I am approve this message?
  Reply
Post: #5
OH GOD I JUST LOOKED AT THE URL

http://forums.darkspin.com/showthread.php?tid=[size=xx-large]666[/size]

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #6
[color=#FFFFFF][size=x-large]Dat app.
I love you now for great app
10/10 smexy wouldbang

#GeekMod2013[/size][/color]

[size=xx-large][color=#FFD700]8==0~~[/color][color=#000000]Dark[/color] [color=#FF6347][color=#FFDAB9][color=#FF0000]Meat[/color][color=#000000]Spin[/color][/color][/color] [color=#9400D3]Servers[/color][color=#FFD700]~~0==8[/color][/size]
[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #7
Yes to both from me! Also, I moved both to approved. SUCK IT HENRY!

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #8
Well then. :c

[color=#32CD32][b][size=x-large][font=Arial]Approved.[/font][/size][/b][/color]

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #9

I'd tell you how relevant that is to my username's origins but that's a spoiler. ;)

As Henry said in the other thread, this is indeed a very awesome birthday present and I'm so humbled about how fast I was accepted into the DS Minecraft community. I'll do my best, thank you to everyone that supported me for making that part of my birthday I was on Minecraft for really awesome!

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #10
That my dear boy, is a beautiful application, well worthy of mod. Yes from me
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: