#Moderator: MasterDeathCon
Post: #1
[b]Why do you want to be a Moderator on Darkspin?[/b]
I consider DS to be a diamond in the rough when it comes to medium-sized servers. I want to help keep it that way by being a part of the staff. I want to be able to contribute and be apart of this server the most I can, and I think by becoming moderator is a step in the right direction.

[b]What do you think it takes to be a good Moderator?[/b]
Moderators, like any other staff, must be able to conduct themselves in the most responsible way. And by responsible I mean that they do not abuse their powers. Not only that but they must be able to assess a situation and make a decision that is free of a biased opinion and based on the facts. A moderator should also not be afraid to ask their superiors for help with any server related problems. I also feel a moderator should be polite to all players whether being treated rudely or not. Knowledge of given commands is also a must.

[b]Have you played at least 80 hours on Darkspin?[/b]
Yes.

[b]Tell us a little about yourself, your gameplay, and what you think of the server.[/b]
My name is McK, I am XVII years old, I live in South Florida and I have been playing Minecraft ever since March 2011. And for those of you who don't know that would be right around the time of Minecraft Version BETA 1.4. I have been moderator and admin on mutiple servers in my years of playing Minecraft. My gameplay style is along the lines of builder, mixed with redstone aficionado, and a splash of visual design fixer. My opinion of DS is that when it comes to running a server correctly and successfully, DS has done everything right. The community of players is wonderful and the staff is dedicated. Of course some mistake might have been made but nobody is perfect. Look at Lance Armstrong for example, he got caught using performance enhancing drugs.

[b]Is there anything we need to know about regarding your online schedule or lack thereof?[/b]
Me playing on school days(Mon-Thu) really depends on how much homework I am assigned. Fridays through Sundays I will definitely be online every minute I can. I normally check the forums daily and Skype with some of the staff over the weekends e.g. Jawa, Jojo, Nin, and Geist.

To qualify, you must understand and agree to the following terms:

To use your abilities only for Moderation, personal reasons aren't acceptable.
Understood and agreed.

That if you are inactive for 2 weeks, without explanation, you will be demoted to the rank prior to you getting Moderator.
Understood and agreed.

You are not permitted to give anyone else access to your Minecraft account. They aren't permitted to come onto Darkspin and play using your account. Instant demotion will follow.
Understood and agreed.

Failing to uphold any of these terms will result in a demotion, dependent on the situation.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #2
Master wrote an amazing app, I just feel that there are WAY TO MANY MODS. If you would have waited, it would have been POIFECT.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #3

That was my main concern when considering applying. But I thought to myself just go for it. The worst that could happen is that I die, and what are the odds of me dying for applying xP

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #4
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Look. You're really mature, and I believe you have the ability.
It's just a little too soon.
I'm not saying a yes or no, I'd like this app to have a week for people to share their opinions.

[size=xx-large][color=#FFD700]8==0~~[/color][color=#000000]Dark[/color] [color=#FF6347][color=#FFDAB9][color=#FF0000]Meat[/color][color=#000000]Spin[/color][/color][/color] [color=#9400D3]Servers[/color][color=#FFD700]~~0==8[/color][/size]
[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #5
I do agree that we have too many mods atm, but I think you'd be great anyway, Master.
*stampofapproval*

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #6
I may be thinking of someone else, but I'm fairly sure that MasterDeathCon has been here for quite some time... a year at least? I remember having a nice conversation with him a before my 6-month partying time... it might be someone else, of course.


“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #7
Um yeah just give me some Earbuds and you get a yes from me :)

The amount of fucks I give:
¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸ .¤\
\¸. .......Zero. ....\
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸ .¤*
..\
☻//
▌
/ \
  Reply
Post: #8
We have like 5 active Mods I think..
I have been impressed with you thus far, you seem like a kind, intelligent caring guy.
So it's a yes from me, I don't know why folks are saying "It's too soon".

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #9
I may be thinking of someone else, but I'm fairly sure that MasterDeathCon has been here for quite some time... a year at least? I remember having a nice conversation with him a before my 6-month partying time... it might be someone else, of course.


[/quote]

Well I have had DS in my server list since March 28th, 2012 to be exact. I played a lot on the server for like 4 months. After that I would like come on the server like a hour a week and just look around. I wasn't until recently, like August 3rd, that I wanted to start working on my creative world I had there since I first got their. So I'm sorry to say I probably wasn't the guy you had that conversation with but I have known about DS for a long time.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #10
Yout tried to make a functional chessboard once, didn't you? Where the pieces would pop up via pistons?

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: