My feedback on this drama.
Post: #1
Well this had to be done. I plan on taking this piece by piece so this should be fun. To start, nobody can say Viper isn't a big reason for the success the minecraft server has had. This is why there are so many resignations following his departure. darkspin may host the server, but Viper was the one who ran it and made it what it is. Or at this point I should say was, with all the resignations.

Because of this, I feel it was very rash and selfish of darkspin to cut Viper off from the access he needed to make changes he had planned recently to the plug-ins on the server. I feel this way because darkspin did it abruptly, with no warning to Viper. If he had told Viper beforehand, Viper could have told him he needed the access to make the changes he had planned for the very near future. It also wouldn't have come across as such a slap in the face to Viper. He spent so much of his time dedicated to improving the server, and you have to realize how insulting to him it was to have the access he needed very soon to be stripped with no warning whatsoever.

Viper did respond VERY strongly to this, and he did get a little crazy with his response. But I know Viper, and I'm not surprised by it at all. He felt very disrespected by darkspin, and as such he had no want to continue running the server hosted by someone he felt disrespected by. And honestly, I can't fault him for that. He could have been nicer with darkspin after it happened, but honestly, I would have been pissed to. Could Viper have communicated better? Yes. Did he have every right to be pissed? Also yes.

And now everyone is resigning because, they loved this server for how it was under Viper's run. Also, over the time on this server, we've all come to respect Viper, whether we agree with all of his decisions or not. We also respect darkspin for hosting the server all this time, but after his disrespect of Viper, someone who basically ran his server for him so he could dedicate his time to other things, I can see how people would have a hard time staying. A person they respected is leaving as a direct result of another person they respect's actions. I don't blame them for not wanting to stay in this storm.

That begs the question of whether I'll resign or not. I haven't quite completely made up my mind, but if this thread is deleted, count this as my resignation. I refuse to help run a server led by people who won't let others voice their opinions because they consider it "rage". All you've done by removing this "rage" is cause even more rage and resignations. Stop it. This is the main purpose of this thread. Deleting all the stuff you don't like to see by calling it "rage" only makes things worse for you, unless your goal is to make everyone who has helped make this server what it is leave, in which case you're doing a great job.

[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
  Reply
Post: #2
tl;dr?

*insert deep quote/completely original joke here*

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #3

tl;dr Comp is pissed because Viper should of had a warning before demotion, and pissed because there isn't free speech and it's considered rage so it is "cleaned up" and if this thread is cleaned up then Comp resigns
  Reply
Post: #4
Only issue with using this sub-forum, is few even see it down here.

I think the couple in question has done enough deleting of our 'rage' to warrant your complete disrespect for them, really.

Thank you for your support. I don't recall ever directly asking for this support (maybe one, I really don't remember) yet I receive it 100% from every single staff and regular.

DarkRyu and Ben are convinced I'm a horrible person for all this... I'm completely open to everything, including all criticism, but I find it very difficult to see through all this incredible support and agree with them even remotely.

Could I have communicated better? Sure.
The one thing all parties agree on.
  Reply
Post: #5
I support you Viper you did a damn good job
  Reply
Post: #6
I hope you understand that DS and I haven't been deleting everything that's been posted about this, just the stuff on the shoutbox that seems dodgy. We're just trying to help everyone move along. By removing the comments we deem bad? Yes. Because we don't feel that posting on the shoutbox like it's a personal blog is a good idea, especially when it's so opinionated. Posting things like that on the shoutbox is pretty much the same as standing outside someone's house with a picket sign that you don't like them. If you do that, the cops get called and they kart you and your sign away for trespassing and disturbing the peace. That's just how it is.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write out your feelings civily, Composer. I really appreciate it. Great post.

You're wrong. You [b]acted[/b] horribly, yes. When we gave our critique, you ignored it. Quit trying to make it out like we were out to get you. You got yourself. Nothing was supposed to be permanent, though I [i]still[/i] understand your anger. You just need to let it go. Not just for yourself, but for everyone else. Your anger is justified but was so poorly executed and had you harnessed it better (like when I was trying to help you..) maybe things wouldn't have gone this way.

[Image: ]
Perception is key to all things.
  Reply
Post: #7
Again, all my support says otherwise.



It's the cookie monster who's been deleting the posts, isn't it?
ISN'T IT?

  Reply
Post: #8
What?! Why you choose me!
I haven't deleted anything

[size=large][font=Times New Roman][align=center][/size][color=#00BFFF]What we do today, right now, will have an accumulated effect on all our tomorrows.[/color][/align][/font]
  Reply
Post: #9

So saying "Goodbye guys" and me calling you out on it, is like "Posting things like that on the shoutbox is pretty much the same as standing outside someone's house with a picket sign that you don't like them."

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #10

So saying "Goodbye guys" and me calling you out on it, is like "Posting things like that on the shoutbox is pretty much the same as standing outside someone's house with a picket sign that you don't like them."

[/quote]

Darkspin Baptist Church- Picket everything

  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: