When did you first notice really bad lag?
Slowly over time
25.00%
5
Dramatic change in April
0%
0
Within the last month
25.00%
5
I see no lag
5.00%
1
It's been bad since December
45.00%
9
20 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Lag
Post: #1
I'm trying to determine the cause of what I'm being told has been an increase in lag slowly over time versus a drop off that occurred in April.


Please let me know.
  Reply
Post: #2
December sounds about right to me; It seems to happen whenever someone is downloading the map. If not December, it's been since before April
  Reply
Post: #3
At this point I think it has a lot to do with all the custom maps on the tf2 server and newcomers having to download them. I will be placing the downloads in a different location this week. Please use this thread as a forum on whether it gets better or worse this month. I'll update this when the change is complete.
  Reply
Post: #4
Our upload speeds are on par with Australian household standards.

What more can be said?
  Reply
Post: #5
I have the maps up on a separate server. Configuring for auto downloads, in the meantime:

Mario Summer:
http://acton.darkspin.com/acton/attachment/2763/f-0009/0/-/-/-/-/file.bsp

Mario Spring:
http://acton.darkspin.com/acton/attachment/2763/f-0008/0/-/-/-/-/file.bsp
  Reply
Post: #6
Whats going on here? What happened in December? Viper wont answer my text anymore and this talk about Lag getting any worse is frightening. I dropped out a few days ago because it got to the point I was having to break blocks 3-4 times. Today its only 2wice per pick swing :-( .

When I pointed out the lag to Viper and Black Major I was told there was going to be an upgrade of some sort in a week or 2. That was 2 month ago.

I donated almost $100 in the last few months and offered any help I could. I counted on that and brought 6 new regular players to the server; johnkatie, tmcgee70, jaymoebud, caleb_jadon, thechawee, sven. Now they are all Denizens and have over 2000 hrs combined playing here and are bitching at me like I can fix it.

Well I did what I could. When I became Mayor I helped Viper curtail the growth of Asyr with a vanilla trick I learned and in turn he asked me to organize a trimming of Obsidia. http://forums.darkspin.com/showthread.php?tid=581 in the hopes of reducing lag. But Viper says he cant do that now.

So whats going on here? Its all so scary and vague.

I also have a personal requeast for my own security about my creations, and those of the citizens of my town.

http://forums.darkspin.com/showthread.php?tid=608
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: