I think we should change the ranks a bit so you get Subject at about 25 hours and Denizen becomes a trusted rank. If an admin trusts a certain player they can become Denizen but with more perms. They are allowed to use dispensers/minecarts in the creative world along with other things in the normal world. I would like to hear your guys thoughts on this and other suggestions for what this rank could have.
I imagine it'd require a bit more of detail and thought put into it, but I like it.
*insert deep quote/completely original joke here*
[Image: ]
I like it because it makes me feel special. Denizen does not have the same feeling it did when it was merchant. At least you got the privlegde to open shops at merchant. Now anyone can do it if I'm not mistaken.
[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]
[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]
Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers
There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
Pretty sure you still need Denizen.
Also, I feel Denizen should stay the way it is, but maybe this could be a rank after it...? I don't know it feels like that would be too many ranks. So far I'm VERY iffy on this.
[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
I don't think it should be a rank, per say. By that, I mean that there shouldn't be a prefix or "title" of any sort. Such a thing would make people think, "One day I'm gonna become a Trusted rank!" or ask others how to gain it.
I got the creative world privileges you are talking about a long time ago, as a gift from Viper. It should be the same for everybody else. You can't [i]be[/i] trusted, you just [i]are[/i]. I understand the symbolism of the rank prefix, but it would ruin the status if you ask me.
“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
I feel that this is a good compromise
[Image: ]
07-02-201301:06 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-02-201301:07 PM by VlperX.)
By what in seven hells do you define as 'trust' ?
We would honestly need a thread just to put together a set of terms/requirements or else it would get out of hand. 'Trust' is far too relative to both parties and should not be allowed to interfere. If we declare a rank that all admins can bestow because they 'trust' the player, no one would understand how to get it.
Making Denizen means 50 hours of playtime where we accept them enough not to ban them.'. if we ban a player, they lose precious hours towards their Denizen... when they return, they make up for it from then. At some point in the future, I may be able to add extra requirement checks to getting Denizen.. just a thought.
And by the way,
I am completely open to giving the Creative Blacklist Bypass to Denizen.
I don't really think we need a "Trusted" rank. I pretty much agree with what Saint said.
I definitely <b>do not</b> think that denizens should be given access to dispensers and the like in the creative world, or at least not until there is more requisites to become denizen. The restriction was put there for a purpose.
07-02-201304:50 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-02-201304:51 PM by VlperX.)
Yeah maybe some other requirement or two to achieve a rank above Denizen.
Actually Mason could easily fill that spot.
Wait, I'm confused. So does that mean I would be in the running again for Mason, or am I still three laps behind everyone else? Please excuse my confusion guys. I'm probably thinking too far into it.
[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]
[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]
Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers
There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers