I just removed Factions to install Towny as I've found it's a plugin much more suited to our Nations/Kingdoms concept.
There are a massive variety of config settings I need to consider before we can properly start using this and anyone, with the money, can start their own town.
So this is basically what you need to know..
And all config settings I need to set for the economy part are highlighted in orange. Please share your thoughts on what they should be.
I'll change the colour to green and state the decided value when it is... decided:
Anyone with the money on hand can create a new town, but it'll be [color=#FFA500]expensive[/color].
Towns are defined by Minecraft 16x16 chunks called 'blocks' in Towny. There is a limit to how many a town can claim.
Each new resident/member of the town adds [color=#FFA500]this many blocks[/color] to the limit for the town to claim. Or the Mayor can purchase bonus blocks, despite the number of residents, for an added fee of [color=#FFA500]this hefty price[/color].
A group of town Mayors can then discuss the possibility of starting a Nation. The chosen Nation Leader can then create it for [color=#FFA500]this stupendously enormous price[/color]. And then invite the other towns. The town the Nation Leader owns when they create the Nation, will become the capital and the Mayor of that town, the Nation Leader.
Both Towns and Nations must pay an upkeep. If they fail to pay this, the Town/Faction is deleted. As far as I can tell, I've disabled Towny from making any block changes when this happens, so you won't literally lose your town, it will just no longer be a registered, protected town.
[i]This will most likely be changed on Asyr to keep the landscapes clear of abandoned ugly arse towns.[/i]
Towns must pay [color=#FFA500]this much[/color] in upkeep.
Nations must pay [color=#FFA500]this much[/color] in upkeep.
[b]All upkeeps are daily.[/b]
To pay this upkeep, the town Mayor can tax it's residents and the Nation can tax it's Towns.
I have the option to set a maximum tax of [color=#FFA500]this value[/color].
Towns and Nations can create 'Outposts' for [color=#FFA500]this cost[/color]. I'm not entirely sure what they are exactly, or their implications, but their main feature is they can be claimed outside, and not adjacent to, the town. While all town blocks must be adjacent to one another.
During war time, all Nations have the option to declare a neutrality which pretty much prevents them from being raped.
I have the option to charge them an upkeep to maintain this neutrality.
The neutrality upkeep will be [color=#FFA500]this price[/color].
[i]Should this be expensive?[/i]
When you do anything with the town/nation that costs money, it'll take it from the town/faction bank and not your personal account.
You may deposit money from your personal account, into this bank. I (think) anyone in the town can deposit.. I'll make sure that's the case if possible. I haven't gone through all the permission nodes yet. In the config, I have the option to disable town/nation withdrawls individually. [color=#FFA500]Should I?[/color]
That's just a few options for now..
In the future, I'll create my own tutorial for Towny on Darkspin. For now, the videos on this page tell you most of what you need to know.
The EssentialsChat format we were using is now gone in favour of TownyChat, which gives me many variables to chose from. I'll take some time perfecting how it looks and what is showed.
Permissions (commands and whatnot) will be changed here and there until we're happy with them. I may even change the entire Permissions plugin because I've been told by the Towny devs, that PEX (our current one) doesn't play nice with Towny.. or apprently in general.
Please be patient with all these changes.. we're getting prepared for Asyr so everything is perfect on release, without you dealing with these annoying changes at that time.
[size=medium][color=#FF6347][font=Impact][i]Later that night...[/i][/font][/color][/size]
OKAY
I've done some more reading of the config and found out how levels work. Basically, I can do this:
When a player creates a town, they are officially the Mayor of that town, but their title, and even the type of the town, can be set to automatically change when the residents gain number. The Mayor's title is in their chat prefix and the town title/type is most notably in the pop-up message as you enter the town.
The default goes like this:
[code]
Town = Ruins
Mayor = Spirit
numResidents = 0
Town = Settlement
Mayor = Hermit
numResidents = 1
Town = Hamlet
Mayor = Chief
numResidents = 2
Town = Village
Mayor = Baron Von
numResidents = 6
Town = Town
Mayor = Viscount
numResidents = 10
Town = Large Town
Mayor = Count Von
numResidents = 14
Town = City
Mayor = Earl
numResidents = 20
Town = Large City
Mayor = Duke
numResidents = 24
Town = Metropolis
Mayor = Lord
numResidents = 28
[/code]
I can't be bothered filtering the default Nations.. you can work it out yourself:
[code]
# default Nation levels.
nation_level:
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' (Nation)'
kingPrefix: 'Leader '
townBlockLimitBonus: 10
namePrefix: 'Land of '
numResidents: 0
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' (Nation)'
kingPrefix: 'Count '
townBlockLimitBonus: 20
namePrefix: 'Federation of '
numResidents: 10
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' (Nation)'
kingPrefix: 'Duke '
townBlockLimitBonus: 40
namePrefix: 'Dominion of '
numResidents: 20
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' (Nation)'
kingPrefix: 'King '
townBlockLimitBonus: 60
namePrefix: 'Kingdom of '
numResidents: 30
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' Empire'
kingPrefix: 'Emperor '
townBlockLimitBonus: 100
namePrefix: 'The '
numResidents: 40
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' Realm'
kingPrefix: 'God Emperor '
townBlockLimitBonus: 140
namePrefix: 'The '
numResidents: 60
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
[/code]
There are a massive variety of config settings I need to consider before we can properly start using this and anyone, with the money, can start their own town.
So this is basically what you need to know..
And all config settings I need to set for the economy part are highlighted in orange. Please share your thoughts on what they should be.
I'll change the colour to green and state the decided value when it is... decided:
Anyone with the money on hand can create a new town, but it'll be [color=#FFA500]expensive[/color].
Towns are defined by Minecraft 16x16 chunks called 'blocks' in Towny. There is a limit to how many a town can claim.
Each new resident/member of the town adds [color=#FFA500]this many blocks[/color] to the limit for the town to claim. Or the Mayor can purchase bonus blocks, despite the number of residents, for an added fee of [color=#FFA500]this hefty price[/color].
A group of town Mayors can then discuss the possibility of starting a Nation. The chosen Nation Leader can then create it for [color=#FFA500]this stupendously enormous price[/color]. And then invite the other towns. The town the Nation Leader owns when they create the Nation, will become the capital and the Mayor of that town, the Nation Leader.
Both Towns and Nations must pay an upkeep. If they fail to pay this, the Town/Faction is deleted. As far as I can tell, I've disabled Towny from making any block changes when this happens, so you won't literally lose your town, it will just no longer be a registered, protected town.
[i]This will most likely be changed on Asyr to keep the landscapes clear of abandoned ugly arse towns.[/i]
Towns must pay [color=#FFA500]this much[/color] in upkeep.
Nations must pay [color=#FFA500]this much[/color] in upkeep.
[b]All upkeeps are daily.[/b]
To pay this upkeep, the town Mayor can tax it's residents and the Nation can tax it's Towns.
I have the option to set a maximum tax of [color=#FFA500]this value[/color].
Towns and Nations can create 'Outposts' for [color=#FFA500]this cost[/color]. I'm not entirely sure what they are exactly, or their implications, but their main feature is they can be claimed outside, and not adjacent to, the town. While all town blocks must be adjacent to one another.
During war time, all Nations have the option to declare a neutrality which pretty much prevents them from being raped.
I have the option to charge them an upkeep to maintain this neutrality.
The neutrality upkeep will be [color=#FFA500]this price[/color].
[i]Should this be expensive?[/i]
When you do anything with the town/nation that costs money, it'll take it from the town/faction bank and not your personal account.
You may deposit money from your personal account, into this bank. I (think) anyone in the town can deposit.. I'll make sure that's the case if possible. I haven't gone through all the permission nodes yet. In the config, I have the option to disable town/nation withdrawls individually. [color=#FFA500]Should I?[/color]
That's just a few options for now..
In the future, I'll create my own tutorial for Towny on Darkspin. For now, the videos on this page tell you most of what you need to know.
The EssentialsChat format we were using is now gone in favour of TownyChat, which gives me many variables to chose from. I'll take some time perfecting how it looks and what is showed.
Permissions (commands and whatnot) will be changed here and there until we're happy with them. I may even change the entire Permissions plugin because I've been told by the Towny devs, that PEX (our current one) doesn't play nice with Towny.. or apprently in general.
Please be patient with all these changes.. we're getting prepared for Asyr so everything is perfect on release, without you dealing with these annoying changes at that time.
[size=medium][color=#FF6347][font=Impact][i]Later that night...[/i][/font][/color][/size]
OKAY
I've done some more reading of the config and found out how levels work. Basically, I can do this:
When a player creates a town, they are officially the Mayor of that town, but their title, and even the type of the town, can be set to automatically change when the residents gain number. The Mayor's title is in their chat prefix and the town title/type is most notably in the pop-up message as you enter the town.
The default goes like this:
[code]
Town = Ruins
Mayor = Spirit
numResidents = 0
Town = Settlement
Mayor = Hermit
numResidents = 1
Town = Hamlet
Mayor = Chief
numResidents = 2
Town = Village
Mayor = Baron Von
numResidents = 6
Town = Town
Mayor = Viscount
numResidents = 10
Town = Large Town
Mayor = Count Von
numResidents = 14
Town = City
Mayor = Earl
numResidents = 20
Town = Large City
Mayor = Duke
numResidents = 24
Town = Metropolis
Mayor = Lord
numResidents = 28
[/code]
I can't be bothered filtering the default Nations.. you can work it out yourself:
[code]
# default Nation levels.
nation_level:
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' (Nation)'
kingPrefix: 'Leader '
townBlockLimitBonus: 10
namePrefix: 'Land of '
numResidents: 0
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' (Nation)'
kingPrefix: 'Count '
townBlockLimitBonus: 20
namePrefix: 'Federation of '
numResidents: 10
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' (Nation)'
kingPrefix: 'Duke '
townBlockLimitBonus: 40
namePrefix: 'Dominion of '
numResidents: 20
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' (Nation)'
kingPrefix: 'King '
townBlockLimitBonus: 60
namePrefix: 'Kingdom of '
numResidents: 30
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' Empire'
kingPrefix: 'Emperor '
townBlockLimitBonus: 100
namePrefix: 'The '
numResidents: 40
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
- capitalPostfix: ''
upkeepModifier: 1.0
namePostfix: ' Realm'
kingPrefix: 'God Emperor '
townBlockLimitBonus: 140
namePrefix: 'The '
numResidents: 60
capitalPrefix: ''
kingPostfix: ''
[/code]
