This is a must read for all Mods.
The biggest worry I have with giving Mod out too easily is the fact that many tend to ban for simple reasons or, very often, will misinterpret block logs and assume the player has been griefing.
The only times I want a player banned, and I mean tempbanned, for griefing is when they've obviously ruined someones home or an entire town. In those two examples, 2 days is the maximum for a single home and 2 weeks for a town.
Often you'll find players have broken blocks to get out of someone's home. With most of the time, the idea of repairing it just seems to fly over their heads. Don't flat out ban them for this, just make sure you let them know about it and that they should fix it in the future.
I disabled permanent bans entirely for Mods. This is because I never want them having such power. If you think a player should be banned for a long time, make your case with the ArchMod or an Admin.
Mods are given a maximum ban power of 1 month.
How they use this, goes a very long way to their eligibility for ArchMod. So be smart about it. There is no specific wait time before another ArchMod is picked. We'll just pick which ever Mod we feel has earned it when the current ArchMod is promoted to Admin.
And always always remember to check the logs of several surrounding blocks so you can be sure about who should be punished.
Any questions, I'm on skype: vx.solstice
The biggest worry I have with giving Mod out too easily is the fact that many tend to ban for simple reasons or, very often, will misinterpret block logs and assume the player has been griefing.
The only times I want a player banned, and I mean tempbanned, for griefing is when they've obviously ruined someones home or an entire town. In those two examples, 2 days is the maximum for a single home and 2 weeks for a town.
Often you'll find players have broken blocks to get out of someone's home. With most of the time, the idea of repairing it just seems to fly over their heads. Don't flat out ban them for this, just make sure you let them know about it and that they should fix it in the future.
I disabled permanent bans entirely for Mods. This is because I never want them having such power. If you think a player should be banned for a long time, make your case with the ArchMod or an Admin.
Mods are given a maximum ban power of 1 month.
How they use this, goes a very long way to their eligibility for ArchMod. So be smart about it. There is no specific wait time before another ArchMod is picked. We'll just pick which ever Mod we feel has earned it when the current ArchMod is promoted to Admin.
And always always remember to check the logs of several surrounding blocks so you can be sure about who should be punished.
Any questions, I'm on skype: vx.solstice

