An Issue With the New Ranks.
Post: #1
Okay, so with our new rank system—which I truly do enjoy—ranks have been renamed, and permissions have been changed. Well, there are two things I do not agree with.

1.) Masons (I am not aware if this is the same for other ranks) cannot use /warps to list the warps, which basically screws over the temporary Asyr warps Geistwolke has been creating for me.

2.) This is the big one. [i]Peanuts cannot use /tpa.[/i] I understand that there are sometimes newcomers who spam players with tpa requests, but that has to be dealt with in the same way as ordinary spammers: with warns, kicks and, potentially, temporary bans. The problem with this easy solution is that some players just hop on here to play with their friends—and will often leave if they can't find each other to build or survive using /tpa.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #2
True. There was someone who wanted to come to my store, but since they were a Peanut they couldn't /tpa to me.

[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]

[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]

Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers

There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
  Reply
Post: #3
Well, why not have the person they want to tpa to just use tpahere?

The amount of fucks I give:
¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸ .¤\
\¸. .......Zero. ....\
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸ .¤*
..\
☻//
▌
/ \
  Reply
Post: #4
...because they're both peanuts?

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #5
Argh. Yeah.. good points.

The warps thing was just so the newcomers didn't have to see our million warps.

I'll add 'tpahere' to the rank signs and give it to Aspirant. I'm sick of making this server so damn easy. No wonder we only appeal to kids under 15.
  Reply
Post: #6
Stuff it.

Defaults get tpa, but there's a 5 second delay where they cannot move and a 30 second cooldown.

Denizen gets the delay bypass.
Mason/Mod gets the cooldown and timer bypass.

Any issues, let me know asap.
  Reply
Post: #7
Excellent. The cooldown has been used on other (mostly PVP) servers, and that always worked well, so I'm glad you've introduced it.


“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #8
It was a done deal for Asyr.. might as well start introducing stuff now to ease the transition, hence the new spawn we've almost finished building.
  Reply
Post: #9
Any idea when Asyr is coming out?

[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]

[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]

Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers

There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
  Reply
Post: #10
Don't

ask
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)