Thread Closed 
Hiya. My Name is Ethan.
Post: #1
[size=xx-small]this is late but it seems to be the cool thing to do now[/size]
Hiya. My name is Ethan. I'm not going to talk about the people I've met on Darkspin, because the people you meet are never the audience when you introduce yourself. You are the audience. So let's go, shall we?

I'm thirteen years old, and I was born [i]exactly[/i] 90 years after the [i]RMS Titanic [/i]began construction, so maybe that has some sort of symbolic meaning? I don't know. But anyway, I am a serious fan of the now-dead Douglas Adams, and my favorite actor is David Tennant. My favorite fruit is a mango--this was long before I met UnclePeanut, mind you--and I have such a fast metabolism that it is nearly impossible for me to gain actual muscle mass. My favorite sport to play is basketball, but my favorite sport to watch is hockey. I find football to be boring--real men don' t play five seconds at a time.

Anyone who knows me well will know that I am bisexual, and consider myself an atheist. It's not that I refuse the possibility of there being a god. I just disagree with it, and that is a strong, fundamental difference. I also despise the concept of art--it's completely ruined the idea of creativity. If you disagree with me, then feel free to argue.

Many of you know me as being very anti-brony. I have long since abandoned that hatred, upon realizing that my liking guro is just as wierd. I'm certainly not a brony, though, so I will likely ignore your constant ramblings about it. My favorite hobby is 3D modeling and animation, and I have been known to dabble in manga. I FUCKING SUCK AT COLORING. My favorite musical groups are the Electric Light Orchestra, The Flobots, and Neon Trees.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
Post: #2
Ok. A little late on introducing yourself, but tis interesting to know these.. things.. about you.

I figure i should also let you know, the way you described your atheism? I believe that is referred to as being Agnostic. Look it up.
Post: #3

Same difference.
Of course he's looked it up.

I don't understand how you can despise art, nor do I understand how it can ruin creativity... that makes absolutely not sense to me.


Anyway, 'Athiest' simply means 'lack of'
So, today, to be an Atheist, means to lack belief in any gods.
I seriously think people only label themselves as Agnostic and refuse to be labelled as 'Atheist', because they don't want to be part of such a misinterpreted demographic... either they understand it to be, or they've misinterpreted Atheism.

Today in most areas, 'Athiest' is perceived to mean 'Arrogant Atheist' or 'Aggressive Atheist' or 'Anti-theist' rather than just the lack of belief in any god... like Buddhism.

Post: #4
I don't dislike actual, physical art. I just find people labeling things as art and not art to be... annoying, to say the least. I think that you get the most interesting work done in fields where people don't think they're doing art, but are merely practicing a craft, and working as good craftsmen.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
Post: #5
Hmmm, interesting beliefs you got there.
[size=xx-small]Bumping old threads be my job bich[/size]
Post: #6
if i had a dollar for every time hadongee posts on a thread, i would have about 10 bucks. oh and hadongee, you stole darkryus job.

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


Post: #7

NYEAS, that was the plan all along > : D
Post: #8
oh poor darkryu, is job was stolen, now he will become a hobo on the streets of whateverville

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


Post: #9

Closing old threads be my job bich xD

[Image: ]

Post: #10
Should we give Ethan Moderator access to these forums?
Thread Closed 


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)