Post: #1
09-22-201204:58 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-22-201205:33 AM by Saintethan.)
Welcome to General Discussion--MINECRAFT EDITION, a place for love and friends. Talk about anything to do with Minecraft here that doesn't require its own thread; recommendations, general chit-chat, news announcements, random buildings/videos. It's all pretty laid back, clothing is not required.
Also, someone make a video. Just do it. And commentate on it, unless it's a skit. JUST DOOOOOOOOO EEEEETT.
[hr]
Also, Viper, may I please write the advertisement for the Minecraft server, once Asyr is released? I'll model it off of the original one. I honestly have [i]tons[/i of sites to post it on--several of which I am a dedicated and known member of! By the way, making the server cracked will draw in new users. There is a plugin we could use--and I believe it would be easy to give it premium user detection, thus removing the hassle for premium users of creating an in-server account.
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-xauth-v2-0-10-offline-mode-authentication-1-2-5-r1-3.8712/page-101
If we want to add web registration for cracked users, I -think- we (Viper and/or Darkspin) could create a registration script using PHP (or some other web development language) that writes to auths.txt in the plugin I mentioned. This would get rid of lazy cracked griefers. Of course, there is always the occasional dedicated griefer--but very rarely are any cracked users "dedicated." Also, IP bans help, but the plugin has it's own form of banning cracked accounts.[hr]
EDIT: waaaaaaait. wrong link. that was the outdated version by the original author. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/xauth/ is the correct one. sorry, guys.[hr]
I don't even care if the server is made cracked... the only true friends I had on a cracked server was BonusCraft, and that died (YET THE FORUMS ARE STILL UP) a year and a half ago.[hr]
OH ACTUALLY, THE FORUMS AREN'T UP ANYMORE D: I guess Thorn stopped paying for them... I wonder why he won't respond to my Youtube PMs... sigh. He hasn't updated his once-popular Youtube channel since 1.2.[hr]
This WAS the Youtube channel... http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroGamer420
I wish I had a way of resurecting BonusCraft... it reminds me a lot of Darkspin, only cracked. MAAYYYYYYYBEEEE I could find a way of bringing my friends from their, to here! I may be able to contact them via Youtube...[hr]
*there
sorry, typo.
Also, someone make a video. Just do it. And commentate on it, unless it's a skit. JUST DOOOOOOOOO EEEEETT.
[hr]
Also, Viper, may I please write the advertisement for the Minecraft server, once Asyr is released? I'll model it off of the original one. I honestly have [i]tons[/i of sites to post it on--several of which I am a dedicated and known member of! By the way, making the server cracked will draw in new users. There is a plugin we could use--and I believe it would be easy to give it premium user detection, thus removing the hassle for premium users of creating an in-server account.
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-xauth-v2-0-10-offline-mode-authentication-1-2-5-r1-3.8712/page-101
If we want to add web registration for cracked users, I -think- we (Viper and/or Darkspin) could create a registration script using PHP (or some other web development language) that writes to auths.txt in the plugin I mentioned. This would get rid of lazy cracked griefers. Of course, there is always the occasional dedicated griefer--but very rarely are any cracked users "dedicated." Also, IP bans help, but the plugin has it's own form of banning cracked accounts.[hr]
EDIT: waaaaaaait. wrong link. that was the outdated version by the original author. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/xauth/ is the correct one. sorry, guys.[hr]
I don't even care if the server is made cracked... the only true friends I had on a cracked server was BonusCraft, and that died (YET THE FORUMS ARE STILL UP) a year and a half ago.[hr]
OH ACTUALLY, THE FORUMS AREN'T UP ANYMORE D: I guess Thorn stopped paying for them... I wonder why he won't respond to my Youtube PMs... sigh. He hasn't updated his once-popular Youtube channel since 1.2.[hr]
This WAS the Youtube channel... http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroGamer420
I wish I had a way of resurecting BonusCraft... it reminds me a lot of Darkspin, only cracked. MAAYYYYYYYBEEEE I could find a way of bringing my friends from their, to here! I may be able to contact them via Youtube...[hr]
*there
sorry, typo.
“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
