Thread Closed 
An Apparent Issue with Temporary Bans
Post: #1
I have recently noticed a dire problem with temporary bans: [i]they are not accurate at all[/i]. For example, TimTam321 got banned for 15 minutes months ago, but he still isn't unbanned, as shown in his recent ban appeal. And Hugh also commented that he got banned for a minute—he couldn't get back on for [i]ten days[/i]. I believe this also happened to aNOOBiss, but he has left the server due to this, despite me pardoning him. It also occured with Swifter. Many people have left the server because of this issue. :(

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
Post: #2
depends if people are using /tempban or /ban for temporary bans.
/ban [player] [time] shows a time message, but /ban still acts as a permanant ban, disregarding the time parameter.
/tempban works just fine.

So i question if people were using /ban instead.
Post: #3
Hugh got banned for a minute, but he couldn't get back on for several days. [hr]
Happened to many many other people as well.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
Post: #4
That did not answer my question ethan.
Post: #5
anoobis and swifter were trouble anyway, also, since they are gone, can someone wipe their town off my pristine island? anyway.

I know for fact that you yourself 1 second banned me, major, and it lasted until you unbanned me. Either you use /ban, or /tempban is broken again.
Post: #6
[Size=x-small]Everybody who breaks one of yer town rules is trouble to you, Paper...[/size]

But yes, I agree with you on that last bit there. I'm pretty sure tempbanning is broken again. Do we have a special version of it, or should I ask my friend up in BukkitDevelopers to fix it in the next CraftBukkit update?

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
Post: #7
aNoobis would not give up his money that I'm not sure how he got, but got from his hax friend. He actually gave his four million dollars to blue when I told him I wanted it, to say he didn't have it. I raged and tempbanned Anoobis.
Post: #8
>"friend"

>actually just likes him because of the H4X


“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
Post: #9

i used /ban there. That's how i found out it was derpy.
Post: #10
Still, Black, it's happened to many other users. NOT with permabans.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
Thread Closed 


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)