Donations
Post: #1
Dear all spinners of darkness, [/font]We have recently been informed that the servers arent getting enough donations to keep them running, and they might have to shut down. The darkspin community needs many more donators to keep the fun going. To me darkspin is like a home, so I will gladly donate but what about the other players that just see darkspin as a server? They don't have much of a reason to donate. So i am suggesting a Donor rank. My idea is that this rank gets the perms of a mayor (this idea is for minecraft of course :P), and the rank is a light blue color (light blue is sexy). They would also get all the additional perks that we have disscussed in a previous forum thread such as mob disquise, access to /chest etc etc. We really need help to keep the minecraft server going, along with all the other darkspin servers. We would be forever greatful and bacon will love you forever!
Kindest regards, -God.

"Let there be light"
  Reply
Post: #2
Indeed I will love you forever :D
PS: God is not a separate account of mine, but the bacon loving you forever part sounds good
  Reply
Post: #3
If I could, I would totally donate. Well, I suppose I can go and get a prepaid Visa giftcard sometime soon, so... How does $15 dollars sound? $25?[hr]
I'm saving up my cash for more important things, like for a car when I'm 16.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #4
I recall that viper was working on the Donator rank.
  Reply
Post: #5
Well we now have the shirt idea

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #6
Donating $100 once Asyr is out. :3
  Reply
Post: #7
WAT.

[Size=medium]WAT.[/size]

[Size=large]WAAAAAAAAAAAAATT!?!?!?!?[/SIZE]


“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #8
I'll believe it when I see it

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #9
Paper tosses around money.
He'll probably do it, it just probably wont happen in this century at the rate Asyr is being made.

oh
[Image: ]
[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #10
Well that gives me more incentive to release Asyr!

If that really is true, I'd be extremely grateful. That'd keep the server running for a few extra months. I will disclaim however, donating will certainly not guarantee special privileges - it is of course, a donation. Any donation above a certain amount (to be decided) will get access to all the plugins.. or something.

Tonight, I'm committed to working on this. We currently have a plugin installed called BuyCraft. Just type in /buy and you'll see a test package I made to confirm it works properly by automatically adding the commands and everything. It works by providing a link in-game to our BuyCraft site where you can deposit money in DS's paypal account - the same one on www.darkspin.com
I'm thinking of setting it up temporarily with a beta package where everyone who donates $5 in a 2 week period, will get all commands for 2 months or $10 for a year.. or something.

Come to think of it, $100 would certainly open me up for negotiation.

There will also be more packages for larger donation amounts but with the same commands.

Currently, there is no way for me to know who has donated to DS unless it's through BuyCraft. I have to wait for him to tell me :/ And he's often busy and very difficult to reach. I have to resort to emailing him so I can be sure he see's my message.
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)