"WorldEdit is a powerful tool for both Minecraft single player and Minecraft SMP that lets you modify the world en-masse and undo griefing incidents" ~ http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit
Some say WorldEdit is a cheating tool, I say they're a bunch of ignorant dumbshit's. I haven't completed a single project without WorldEdit. I remember having great ideas for awesome builds but quickly abandoning them because I simply did not want to spend the time placing block after block after block. I respect those who wish to stick to this method, but It's just not for me.
Anyway,
WorldEdit is an incredibly powerful tool which MUST be understood before using. Over time, we plan on adding more players to the Editor rank, but these players are obligated to read the wiki and to always have it ready to refer to. This also goes for those who currently have WorldEdit permissions on the server. BlackMajor and I are wannabe scholars of the plugin and we worship it as our saviour. He originally taught me and now I'm finding myself teaching him a thing or two. We will be very strict when it comes to WorldEdit because of it's ability to crush the server into a rollback, staining your fellow player's work.
WorldEdit has major threading problems and whores the memory with complete disregard to how much memory the server has allocated and any of the players connected at the time.
What usually happens after executing a command such as [font=Courier][color=#FF6347]//hsphere 35 75[/color][/font], which happens to be about 60,000 blocks, is it will immediately search for memory and if it can't find enough to complete the job, it'll start kicking players until it's done. That particular command "crashed" the server for about 5 minutes (my bad).
If the task is extreme enough, the server will require a restart and Darkspin and I, are the only one's who can do this.
I would like to use this sub-forum as both an introduction to WorldEdit and to keep all Editors, Admins and OPs up to date with each other as we find new ways to perform a task more efficiently.
Radius values are a very common factor when editing an area or generating a shape. In fact, 99% of the time, you will be required to determine a radius or the command will not work.
When I began using WorldEdit, I wasn't completely aware of the values I used and this backfired on me several times till I learnt to spend more time planning before simply typing in the command. Looking at the WE logs on my own server, I noticed a few people had a very bad habit of being lazy and just inputting crazy numbers to cover a small area. It's too easy to just type in any odd number which seems plausible to you at the time, but the problem is this brings major consequences; among other things, you're using memory you don't need and you will likely affect an area you never planned to and without ever knowing about it until you discover it ages later and cannot fix it.
My first WorldEdit tutorial will cover clearing large areas.
[size=large][b]Clearing large areas with [color=#FF6347]//sel sphere[/color][/b][/size]
I will add more tutorials as they come to me.
Be organised with WorldEdit. Please respect the server, I cannot beg you enough. It's a lot like thinking before you speak, where in this case, thinking before you execute a WorldEdit command. Be organised; decide what area you wish to cover and plan out a process.
Above all, do not be lazy nor down right stupid with WorldEdit or you will lose the privilege before you can say "Default rank".
Anyway, that's me for now...
If you would like me to do a specific tutorial for something, please let me know.
See you on the server!
- ViperX
Some say WorldEdit is a cheating tool, I say they're a bunch of ignorant dumbshit's. I haven't completed a single project without WorldEdit. I remember having great ideas for awesome builds but quickly abandoning them because I simply did not want to spend the time placing block after block after block. I respect those who wish to stick to this method, but It's just not for me.
Anyway,
WorldEdit is an incredibly powerful tool which MUST be understood before using. Over time, we plan on adding more players to the Editor rank, but these players are obligated to read the wiki and to always have it ready to refer to. This also goes for those who currently have WorldEdit permissions on the server. BlackMajor and I are wannabe scholars of the plugin and we worship it as our saviour. He originally taught me and now I'm finding myself teaching him a thing or two. We will be very strict when it comes to WorldEdit because of it's ability to crush the server into a rollback, staining your fellow player's work.
WorldEdit has major threading problems and whores the memory with complete disregard to how much memory the server has allocated and any of the players connected at the time.
What usually happens after executing a command such as [font=Courier][color=#FF6347]//hsphere 35 75[/color][/font], which happens to be about 60,000 blocks, is it will immediately search for memory and if it can't find enough to complete the job, it'll start kicking players until it's done. That particular command "crashed" the server for about 5 minutes (my bad).
If the task is extreme enough, the server will require a restart and Darkspin and I, are the only one's who can do this.
I would like to use this sub-forum as both an introduction to WorldEdit and to keep all Editors, Admins and OPs up to date with each other as we find new ways to perform a task more efficiently.
Radius values are a very common factor when editing an area or generating a shape. In fact, 99% of the time, you will be required to determine a radius or the command will not work.
When I began using WorldEdit, I wasn't completely aware of the values I used and this backfired on me several times till I learnt to spend more time planning before simply typing in the command. Looking at the WE logs on my own server, I noticed a few people had a very bad habit of being lazy and just inputting crazy numbers to cover a small area. It's too easy to just type in any odd number which seems plausible to you at the time, but the problem is this brings major consequences; among other things, you're using memory you don't need and you will likely affect an area you never planned to and without ever knowing about it until you discover it ages later and cannot fix it.
My first WorldEdit tutorial will cover clearing large areas.
[size=large][b]Clearing large areas with [color=#FF6347]//sel sphere[/color][/b][/size]
I will add more tutorials as they come to me.
Be organised with WorldEdit. Please respect the server, I cannot beg you enough. It's a lot like thinking before you speak, where in this case, thinking before you execute a WorldEdit command. Be organised; decide what area you wish to cover and plan out a process.
Above all, do not be lazy nor down right stupid with WorldEdit or you will lose the privilege before you can say "Default rank".
Anyway, that's me for now...
If you would like me to do a specific tutorial for something, please let me know.
See you on the server!
- ViperX
