Darkspin is basically dead...
Post: #1
Not really any reason to return at this point... there's usually no one on, a large part of the player database was banned by Rov and Zahn, and all the players that were unbanned haven't returned.

Darkspin used to be fun. Back in 2012.

When there were a lot of great people online. And the old world. I miss the old world.

I'm probably one of the longest-lasting darkspin players ever. And as much as it burdens me to say this, I might just leave Darkspin forever and never look back.

Unless things change. For the better.

Bring back the good ol' days.

Bring back... the real Darkspin.[hr]
Not to mention a large part of the players that left darkspin moved to a new server, including myself. Many probably know what it is.

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
  Reply
Post: #2
I'm sorry, but what was this post trying to achieve?

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #3
Its is showing that, well, this server is dead. There is almost no point to go back.

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply
Post: #4
But we've had like 2 other posts saying that, no need to say it again.

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply
Post: #5

Exactly, trying to go back is pointless :(

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
  Reply
Post: #6
At least there is some place to play for the former community so intent on blaming me and my tyranny. Everyone I've ever banned, it was with GOOD reason. Rov on the other hand could get rowdy and ban people, I would usually unban them or if the reason was well deserved I'd leave it alone. I'm sorry I couldn't do more to keep people here, really the server could easily have control given to a caring Head Admin who knows what they're doing. I just feel like people always attacked my ideas, and I never forced my gameplay ideas on anyone, if I could help it. I still believe the Kingdom was a good idea and Darkspin wasn't the best server to try it on. Again, I apologized to all of those guys, they know my stance. But yeah I mean. Darkspin is dead. And so is this thread.
  Reply
Post: #7
i mean, Zahn, you did help someone banevade that fucked over some of our best players like Geist
i mean sure i dont get asspained over this game anymore, i don't even play it, but you dig why others might be, right?

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #8
Over the course of a few weeks, all major staff were either banned or demoted, by 3 staff members who have all been permabanned in the past, Zahn being the only one who was actually unbanned. The world was also reset in this time, making all but the same 3 staff lose just about everything that was built. What did you expect?

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #9

I expected better choices (such as who became staff... im looking at whoever made rov staff), old worlds that are saved and shared with the community (only the very first world was saved and shared on here... the original Obsidia), and a better user experience.

I know what would've made a better user experience... but Darkspin's old players have pretty much abandoned the server. That's why im not sharing what would've made a better user experience- its already too late. I'm one of very few old players that am still part of the server, that didn't leave and never look back.

If there weren't as many bad choices made, darkspin might still have it's old player database- combined with a brand new one of new players.

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
  Reply
Post: #10

Yup, it largely goes back to making SoSick head admin. I'm not sure if he actively supported all the changes or if he simply wasn't involved enough to care, but from that point on, it just started going downhill fast. Me and Geekboy were pretty deadset against SoSick being in charge, but neither of us were able to really run the server anymore and there wasn't anyone else who knew how to handle anything SSH related (Though frankly, it seems like SoSick didn't either).

[Image: ]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)