Official Darkspin Texture Pack?
Post: #1
I personally am a dedicated follower of the weekly snapshots--and I have noticed that the latest one adds custom server textures. Meaning, there is now an option to turn server textures on and off--when on, you will see whatever texture pack the server has.

But first, we'll need a specofic texture pack--and I want ours to be original. In this thread are the ideas I've had for one.

1. Change apple texture to that of a MANGO.
2. Zombie texture to whatever Mikey envisions it should look like.
3. Diamond armour-->Looks like Lapis Lazuli [/align]

...

Any other changes would probably be purely cosmetic.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #2
Maybe Min and I could get together for Zombies? :D Min is the skin maker, but I might be able to help in-vision it. I like the idea. Mangoes might be odd.... I wouldn't want it to strain too far from Vanilla though.[hr]
OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT! Have the EnderDragon skinned to look like BlackMajor![hr]
Edit 2: Alec's suggestion, Magic Wand Wooden Axe, for WE and all.
  Reply
Post: #3
I'll see what I can do with the ender dragon
MIGHT WELL BE DIFFICULT
hey black, if i manage to do it
what do i get?
  Reply
Post: #4
We need to keep this post alive with more ideas. MOAR INSIDE SERVER REFERENCES, GUISE. If possible, use the RandomMobs mod, (Inside HD Patcher) and have the wolf be a random pony out of mane 6, random mobs selects through all the textures, and picks a random one for it.
  Reply
Post: #5

That might actually make me stop killing dogs like a gentleman.
[i]What I'll do to those things will be sheer brutality if you make them ponies.[/i]
Though I am up for the idea of a Texture Pack for the server, I might fuck around on ASE and see if I can magically pull some decent looking sprites out of my ass. [size=xx-small]for once[/size]
Don't hold me up on that promise though, it's a 1 in a million chance of me making a decent sprite.

oh
[Image: ]
[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #6
The RandomMobs thing is also included in Optifine, Mikey.

[/QUOTE=GH0ST]I want a zombeh texture to look like me. And for diamonds to look like blue gemstones. AND FOR FUCKS SAKE, GIVE CREEPERS A RANDOM PENIS TEXTURE.[/QUOTE]

[hr]
^
Dammit the "Originally Posted by GH0ST" thing utterly failed. I guess that kind of stuff only works on the zeldauniverse.net forums.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #7
I know it's in Optifine, and as for what "Ghost" says, no... Just no...
  Reply
Post: #8
make it more of a modern looking texture
  Reply
Post: #9
^THIS, to a certain extent.

I'd actually prefer it to be a Zelda-esque style texture pack. In Zelda, Hyrule and ESPECIALLY some of the other dimensions/realities have modern technology... but this technology always has some kind of ancient or spiritual purpose.

For example, in the Twilight Realm, the Sols aren't just used to power technology. They are also used to keep the balance of light and darkness.

And in New Hyrule, the "train tracks" weren't originally used for the purpose they are--they also act as the lock for the Demon King, Malladus. (who may or may not be the new incarnation of Demise, now that Ganondorf is dead in all possible ways)

And my last example is merely a somewhat popular theory. In LoZ: Twilight Princess, the City in the Sky is likely the same thing as Skyloft from Skyward Sword--albeit, it has been upgraded by the Oocca over the course of thousands of years. And canonically, most of the Oocca technology we have seen throughout the game is designed solely to help the chosen hero.

TL;DR: I want a Zelda-esque texture pack. Meaning, one that is somewhat modern, but has lots of mystical things as well. Also, I'd like it to NOT be too realistic. In fact, having the textures just be upgraded versions of the default would be nice. After all, we don't want the blocks to look too different--remember guys, the server textures option is CLIENT SIDED. Not global.[hr]
Should make the cocoa beans in 1.3 into mangoes.

...

I think we should really be kind of subtle, though. Nothing to the point that you can't tell what it is. So no major color changes for blocks.[hr]
PS: Is there some kind of way to edit a post? I wanna add all this stuff to it.

...

Are we all in agreement to this? No objections? I don't see why you would argue with having something that is completely optional. You aren't forced to see the textures.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #10
Could just have the default pack with modifications relevant to server jokes. Mango Melons would be great.
Or if we really have the time we can make our own texture pack completely. Which does mean having to draw, every, single block / item. Since we're pretty lazy, i doubt that will happen.
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)