Out of curiosity, which modpacks do you guys like? I can't seem to stick with one very long. I played the Direwolf20 pack on FTB for a while, but my fps tanked too hard in busy areas for me to stick with it. Tinker's Construct is probably my favorite mod in most packs I've played, and it luckily seems to be in most packs :)
[Image: ]
I used to like FTB Ultimate back in the day, I think it's been replaced by Unleashed these days.
[Image: ]
Eh, the crazy big ones don't work very well for me. Is the direwolf20 pack around the same size as those two? It said it loaded 140 mods, but I think that's counted differently than the ~45 mods that ultimate says it has
[Image: ]
Actually, fuck it, I think I'm going to put together my own modpack. There are so many bits and pieces of other packs I like, but they're largely just crap I ignore
[Image: ]
Yeah that's always an option, can get tedious though especially if there are incompatibilities
[Image: ]
I always loved yogscraft myself, but Voltz was very nice too.
[Image: ]
It's not too bad, especially since I won't be packing it super full of mods or anything.
I've never been a fan of any of the power focused mods, they just don't quite *feel* right. Of the major tech mods, the only one I really enjoy is Thaumcraft. EE2 was fun, but EE3 doesn't have near the amount of content, and transmutation is overpowered as hell when it involves a wide range of resources (Which is why I'm not a fan of economy plugins).
[Image: ]
03-05-201407:37 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-05-201402:36 PM by BinoAl.)
So far, I've got 11 mods in mind; Tinker's Construct, Natura, Ars Magica 2, NEI, Twilight Forest, Gravestone mod (Just for the actual gravestone on death, not the extra bs), Openblocks, Buildcraft, MyWorldGen, Ender Storage, and Mystcraft.
Oh, also Inventory Tweaks and Optifine.
[Image: ]
Eh, I just don't think it would add much here; I rely on Tinker's Construct for tools/weapons, and armor past diamond is always ridiculously overpowered. There's some utility-type objects in TC, but whenever a major tech mod is thrown into the mix, the game becomes about progressing through that mod rather than anything else. Ars Magica 2 will already take too much of the focus, I think, but the spellcrafting system brings enough to the table that I don't mind.
[Image: ]