SeniorMod Reinstated + Other Changes
Post: #1
Hey guys,

To those of you that have not been on the server recently, I'm humbled to announce that I've been promoted from Admin to [b]Lead Admin.[/b] This means the amount of responsibility I have over the server has doubled as I basically fill in for the things the OPs can't do when they're not around. Things like plugins, console, and server-related issues are things still out of my control, but if Henry or Bino are not around at the present time, relay it to me and I'll make it a point to look into the issue aside from relaying it to Henry and Bino to get it fixed. Everything else all will be things I have power over, and those things I have power over will be explained further. I'll do my best to be all ears and give my decision as to what is best from here on out.

Speaking of decisions, the SeniorMod rank has been [b]reinstated. [/b] It's being announced now, but this decision was made about a week after SeniorMod was removed. The reason why this was reinstated is because mods do not have the necessary powers to take actions that the SeniorMod position or the Admins were capable of doing. This includes if a player has taken any items in their inventory and stashed them away, the ability to warp to designated saved coordinates, having the power to place a full-on ban for those who have broken enough rules that it warrants a permanent ban, as well as a general responsibility over your fellow mods, your future mods, the players on the server, and how everybody gets along with each other.

These responsibilities and abilities were too important to give up, and thus it was why SeniorMod was brought back - and as of today, a mod has been promoted to that rank. Congratulations to [b]DrLeopard[/b] for his promotion! A lot of consideration has been put into deciding who was to be promoted. In his time here, DrLeopard's offered a good share of builds and suggestions we've implemented, such as building a good part of our current Spawn Shop and our recent WorldEdit fee to encourage the use of Survival tactics from players within our Survival Gamemode.

This is not the only decision that is being made for the best, however. [b]Mods:[/b] As you may notice, all of these things might be things you are learning just now; as Moderators, as Darkspin players. For anything that you may hold against any of these decisions, I would like to apologize, and from this point on, let it be clear that your input is of utmost importance. Your input may not be something that is acted upon right away or agreed with, but the fact is that it is YOUR input. It is YOUR feedback as a Mod and as part of Darkspin staff, and this is what's most important. This way, we're confident that when a major decision is made or implemented, it's for the best. We'll be trying to be communicate more on these key issues through the forums as well as the Skype group chat. You may not be SeniorMod, but what you say and think matters too, and it will not be ignored if you need to say something.

Now, if there are issues with [i]people,[/i] be it certain players or fellow staff, there's going to be a [b]Chain of Command[/b] implemented. [b]I[/b] am the first link for this Chain of Command. If you have an issue or a dispute with somebody that it's enough to affect your performance as a Moderator such as how much time or dedication you want to put into the server, then I want it addressed. I don't care who it is or what position of power they are in. [i]Talk to me. [/i] If you don't feel like civilly settling the dispute with this person, then please come and talk to me about it. Maybe you just need to vent, maybe it's something bigger than that you feel absolutely needs to be addressed or acted on. I will listen to you, and based on that I'll figure something out even if it means mediating you and this dude settling something out. I will be there. But if I find out there are smear campaigns or negative backtalk, be it based on truths or fabrications, then there will be consequences for not simply addressing it with me to find the best possible solution. These consequences will range from probation to demotion, as seen fit. (Fair warning: public outcry of being wronged without first talking to me WILL result in immediate demotion. Don't throw a hissy fit, if you're Mod then you are better than that.)

With that said, I'm hoping that all of these things will be for the better in the long run. As I said, as Lead Admin, I will do my best to be all ears and give my decision as to what I feel is best. Thank you to everybody for all your support and encouragement so far not only for me, but for the Darkspin Minecraft server and its community!

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #2
Congrats to both you and Leopard! I know you'll both do fantastically!

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #3
i noticed that you where a head admin yesterday but didnt register it as being a head admin. oh and congrats drleopard and you geek.

[Image: ]

[Image: ]


  Reply
Post: #4
Thanks for the post Geek. You'll do a fantastic job with Lead Admin. However one thing for players, don't feel that you can't contact me directly if you have an issue, the vast majority of the time I'll be more than happy to address it.
The best way to do it in the future is probably email me, because school will be eating up a lot of my time this year so I won't be on Steam/Skype as often as I currently am.
(More on that later)
And yeah, congratulations Leopard, thanks for all you do; I know you'll do a fantastic job too.

[Image: ]

  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)