Post: #1
06-08-201206:34 AM
This is somewhat of a formal apology, I suppose, given I'm apologizing for my sudden absence from the server in the past few weeks and ultimately the fact the new world STILL is not available.
*awkward silence*
Uhm, yeah.. so yes, that
Ehem, anyway...
So I owe you an honest paragraph or so about what the deal is.
I've always had high hopes for the server and I visioned the potential for it to be a very enjoyable server for all age groups except extremely old, wrinkly people. Since I invested in the server earlier this year, I've been drowning in an ocean of ideas to make it better and suddenly, I wanted to do so much at once, I just broke sort of.. and went through a phase of questioning why I'm even putting my time into this because all of a sudden, I wasn't enjoying it any more.
But, that was a phase.
My plans were to open the new world in a much shorter time frame than I should have given myself. I never intended for this to be big news so fast.. but it blew up and suddenly everyone is asking me what's happening to their stuff. You all kind of pushed me into a corner, where I lost track of what I was doing and why. But suffice it to say, I'm pretty sure I've escaped that.. I went through a week of non stop tekkit on a private server I ran at home, but that's pretty much over now.
[size=small][b]To answer some questions and to clarify what this means...[/b][/size]
This will be a new world.. meaning, of course, no you cannot keep your stuff. I felt guilty at the start and hinted that we were going to copy a lot of stuff over.. but the truth is, that'll be limited to which ever art we want to copy over.. not actual survival progress. Towns will not be copied as this is a NEW world.. we're starting fresh and I plan to sort out Towny very soon as we should never have gotten rid of it in the first place.
I completely understand how you all feel about this.. but it will blow over. Yes, you have spent a lot of time on the server and have accomplished a lot with your money and your towns.. but we need to restart with a more controlled economy as ours has blown out of proportion. That, and lets face it, the current main world is really fucking old! It's ugly as hell, due to a new generator with each Minecraft release and a variety of WorldEdit and run down, griefed homes and towns as far as Steve can see, but no farther than Gh0st can reach. Besides, it's not like the Creative world will be reset, nor will the Games world ever be forgotten.
Not everything is final and sorted yet, but I plan to redo some of the things on Asyr that I lost to the recent catastrophe (it's not very much, now I know what I want to do) I pretty much just need to sort out spawn in that respect. But with towns and mayors and kings, we will need to sort that shit out final and soon! Mayor's will keep their rank in order for them to begin their way to King, but that will be far off. I'll educate myself on Towny some more and decide how kings and kingdoms will be done (need ideas btw). We will need a better system for earning Mayor.. perhaps you must have completed some citizens quests before earning the right to run a town. I'm thinking the Mason rank should be tweaked a fair bit so it's no longer OP and can possibly be people who Mayor's hire to build or help build their town. It will of course be a rank, or qualification, you must earn by impressing the server with your creative skills.
But a lot of these ideas (and much more) will not immediately be available. The fundamentals which must be sorted right now, which will be the check list for releasing the new world, are mainly Towny and how towns are run, and the economy. For instance, can anyone point me in the direction of a useful plugin to help maintain a server wide economy? I also need to sort out permissions - which, I will declare now, will not be the liberty you have now.. meaning, commands will be less at first as the aim of the new system is to earn them. I will not open Asyr till I've sorted out the beginning commands. Pretty much all ranks will not be immediately available but I'll try to provide information on the plans and what you should do in the mean time.
I look forward to seeing all of the great players who have gotten bored, themselves, and have decided to wait out till the new world.
I never expect this to be so involved.. but more ideas kept coming.
Please use this thread for any ideas you have for the new world. I will address them as they come and when I'm able.
Thank you for reading.
Boy, do I give you guys a lot to read...
*awkward silence*
Uhm, yeah.. so yes, that
Ehem, anyway...
So I owe you an honest paragraph or so about what the deal is.
I've always had high hopes for the server and I visioned the potential for it to be a very enjoyable server for all age groups except extremely old, wrinkly people. Since I invested in the server earlier this year, I've been drowning in an ocean of ideas to make it better and suddenly, I wanted to do so much at once, I just broke sort of.. and went through a phase of questioning why I'm even putting my time into this because all of a sudden, I wasn't enjoying it any more.
But, that was a phase.
My plans were to open the new world in a much shorter time frame than I should have given myself. I never intended for this to be big news so fast.. but it blew up and suddenly everyone is asking me what's happening to their stuff. You all kind of pushed me into a corner, where I lost track of what I was doing and why. But suffice it to say, I'm pretty sure I've escaped that.. I went through a week of non stop tekkit on a private server I ran at home, but that's pretty much over now.
[size=small][b]To answer some questions and to clarify what this means...[/b][/size]
This will be a new world.. meaning, of course, no you cannot keep your stuff. I felt guilty at the start and hinted that we were going to copy a lot of stuff over.. but the truth is, that'll be limited to which ever art we want to copy over.. not actual survival progress. Towns will not be copied as this is a NEW world.. we're starting fresh and I plan to sort out Towny very soon as we should never have gotten rid of it in the first place.
I completely understand how you all feel about this.. but it will blow over. Yes, you have spent a lot of time on the server and have accomplished a lot with your money and your towns.. but we need to restart with a more controlled economy as ours has blown out of proportion. That, and lets face it, the current main world is really fucking old! It's ugly as hell, due to a new generator with each Minecraft release and a variety of WorldEdit and run down, griefed homes and towns as far as Steve can see, but no farther than Gh0st can reach. Besides, it's not like the Creative world will be reset, nor will the Games world ever be forgotten.
Not everything is final and sorted yet, but I plan to redo some of the things on Asyr that I lost to the recent catastrophe (it's not very much, now I know what I want to do) I pretty much just need to sort out spawn in that respect. But with towns and mayors and kings, we will need to sort that shit out final and soon! Mayor's will keep their rank in order for them to begin their way to King, but that will be far off. I'll educate myself on Towny some more and decide how kings and kingdoms will be done (need ideas btw). We will need a better system for earning Mayor.. perhaps you must have completed some citizens quests before earning the right to run a town. I'm thinking the Mason rank should be tweaked a fair bit so it's no longer OP and can possibly be people who Mayor's hire to build or help build their town. It will of course be a rank, or qualification, you must earn by impressing the server with your creative skills.
But a lot of these ideas (and much more) will not immediately be available. The fundamentals which must be sorted right now, which will be the check list for releasing the new world, are mainly Towny and how towns are run, and the economy. For instance, can anyone point me in the direction of a useful plugin to help maintain a server wide economy? I also need to sort out permissions - which, I will declare now, will not be the liberty you have now.. meaning, commands will be less at first as the aim of the new system is to earn them. I will not open Asyr till I've sorted out the beginning commands. Pretty much all ranks will not be immediately available but I'll try to provide information on the plans and what you should do in the mean time.
I look forward to seeing all of the great players who have gotten bored, themselves, and have decided to wait out till the new world.
I never expect this to be so involved.. but more ideas kept coming.
Please use this thread for any ideas you have for the new world. I will address them as they come and when I'm able.
Thank you for reading.
Boy, do I give you guys a lot to read...
