GH0ST Rank
Post: #11
I had to come back, realizing that I hadn't actually made a post that expresses my opinion. IF this were to happen, it would have to be staff only. Too much abuse and power.
  Reply
Post: #12
I think it's a great idea for citizen+, that way, "GHOST" or "HEROBRINE" will be in the rank combo like being a mod and a mayor, but being a GHOST and a merchant, or something. I dunno, if this is declined in the normal world this should DEFINITELY be in the factions world.[hr]
but I dont think that items should come with it, only the title. Signs are fine, but splash potions would piss off too many people.
  Reply
Post: #13
Jawa, we really can't give it to citizens. Just no where near enough trust. And the faction world won't be done for a while, due to the new mainworld. Faction world is sorts PVP so giving ghost to people in faction world is really a disadvantage... even if they won't use it in combat it could slow down the rise of a faction leading into an unfair disadvantage. After a bit more thought i don't even think this is rank is needed. giving it to below mods is a trust issue, and giving it to Mods is like giving them artisan with WE. I don't know that is just my opinion. We need an admins opinion now.
VVVVVV Admins post opinion VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #14

One of the reasons mods have /vanish is to be GH0ST. However, with the inability to spawn ghosting items, it is extremely difficult. You'd really have to be a mod to understand. It's really like how being a mayor rank makes running a town much easier--it's not required, but it's very convieniant.[hr]
Guys, I certainly respect all yer individual ideas and opinions on this, but you seem to be missing the point.
Not once did I say that this rank would have access to worldedit or be able to spawn ALL items. Just ones that could be used for ghosting.
And people, I never said that non-staff could get the rank. Perhaps in the original post, yes, but i changed that afterwards, if you had bothered to read the comments that followed. I agree with all of you that only staff can get this rank. I merely SUGGESTED that only other GH0STs and admins can bestow the rank.
This rank isn't even that powerful. It's just an advantage that'll help trustworthy mods go GH0ST much easier. [hr]
The rank is supposed to be hard to get, guys--it's not something you can just buy or apply for. It's just like mason rank--only certain people can bestow it.[hr]
Also, the HER0BRINE bit was a joke. Perhaps, an unfunny one, but... still.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #15
To me it sounds like you just want to be able to fly. :/ I honestly see no point in giving someone a rank to scare people. We already have a plugin that does that for us. IMO we are already ghosting a bit too much and a rank purely focused on scaring people would be way overdoing it. I'm sure anyone with this rank would overuse it for ghosting people to the point that they leave the server. 1/5 Bad idea.
  Reply
Post: #16
Well it seems like a good idea, but Citizen Or Merchant? No. You can get those easy. Mayor+ and/or BIG trust sounds good. I also have some perm ideas.

-/give
-/vanish
-/reappear(Or whatever the command is :P)
-/ghost (Sounds fun :3)
-/god(Y U NO ALLOWED TO HURT GHOST)
-Ghost rank(where is your god now?)
-/tp
-/tphere

Those seem good enough,yes?
But they can also can be used for grief. :I So trust, YESH


[size=x-large]BECAUSE IT GOT HIT BY [color=#1E90FF]A MOTHERFUCKING BLUE SHELL[/color][/size]
[/quote]
  Reply
Post: #17

Yes, I suppose so. Considering that I had this idea after a night of epic RP'ing, I'm not sure. Still want this to at least be a title, though.

Also, admins...
Y U NO GIVE OPINION, FFS!?!?


“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #18
After reading Pwnzr's post the ghost rank sounds like moderator with give command :I. What is /ghost supposed to do anyway?
  Reply
Post: #19

To improve upon the King's post...

REQUIREMENTS:
At least 120 hours of playtime.
Been mod for 30-50 hours.
The approval of 3 admins. (could've been mods, but noooooo :P)

Also, again, /ghost would be a command which changes yer name to GH0ST.

But, I see that no one really likes this idea. So, unless an admin gives dere opinion, I'm not really gonna be following it that much.
/

[hr]
Edit:
Pwnzr, /give is not what I meant.
I just want them to be able to spawn specific items, such as signs.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #20
Alot of staff i know do alot of ghost RP... But I'm back aboard on this idea. It will need ALOT of staff discussion about perms, but still, none of this can happen without admins. Maybr they think this is a silly suggestion but they still haven't repiled anything here...

[Image: ]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)