Adios
Post: #1
It is 9am.
I haven't slept yet.

What was I doing?
Well I played like 20 minutes of Don't Starve and 10 minutes of Tribes Ascend this morning.

[size=medium][b]OH![/b][/size]
And I spent hours educating myself on Towny so I can bring your favourite Nations/Kingdoms concept to life.
I had to remove EssentialsChat so the proper Towny chat variables could be used, so you could all know who was in what Town and Nation and what their rank is. I've also had to contemplate the possibility of porting to a different Permissions plugin to better support all this. What's that you ask? It's the plugin that makes this server work. It prevents grief and anarchy while letting you spoilt brats bask in the glory of the many commands I've so carefully configured for you. Today, I count 635 lines in the permissions config, all carefully written/sorted by yours truly (not including the users). I've spent hundreds of hours (no joke) making them work with our 40+ plugins which all enjoy conflicting every now and then and require updates every month on average. A process which I put a lot of effort and care into.

I remained awake this morning, waiting for you guys to come online so I could really start to get Towny working, instead of leaving it half done while I slept for 8 hours. I was surprised, for the final time, when every one of you who were online, asked and demanded I remove it completely and bring back Factions and EssentialsChat. You hadn't even breathed what I had done and had still yet to do, but nevertheless, you wouldn't accept it.

Zahn asked me to install this plugin. He comes online, I drop my game of Don't Starve to help him start his SkyKingdom with Towny, and he has no idea how to use the plugin he recommended to me. That's all fine.. okay. But I insisted he learn it because he wouldn't be able to properly run his Kingdom with a plugin he doesn't understand. I also explain it's really quite simple. You just need to read a little. He merely says "ok?"

He returns about an hour later or so, just jumping online to spam his change of mind and how he no longer wants Towny. That's it.
Then he does it again. Online for merely seconds.. just to declare his rapid change of mind. He can't contact my on skype and explain his reasons, no that would be too hard.


I can't deal with you children anymore. I'm just fed up with the lot of you. I've held on for so long, expecting you to really be mature enough to help me run this server, but you're not. I won't be running another server till I've gathered some staff I can rely on.. where I'm not doing EVERYTHING myself. Yes, there are exceptions amoungst you.. and you'll know who you are as I keep in contact with you. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yes I haven't slept for 20 hours, but my mind clear. This isn't merely a sudden decision. I've been contemplating for months, what it'll take for me to do this. And this is it.

It has been very difficult not to turn into a 24/7 bitter person because of most of you. Don't be surprised when I snap at you for what you consider "little things". I'm mostly a very kind and sharing person, yet you've made if very hard for me to prevent a cloud of hate and bitterness, consume my reputation. We've all got to make decisions and remove the unwanted filfth making us unhappy, this is one big step for me.

Enjoy life, and adios.

/I may post an update after I've slept... meh iuno
  Reply
Post: #2
I am so sorry man. This server will never be the same without you.

I am also sorry for any trouble I have caused you or any of the other staff. It's time we all working like staff.

If the general populace does not mind, especially BlackMajor, I will work up a thread about a new server government. I will handle everything, it is the least I can do.

[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]

[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]

Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers

There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
  Reply
Post: #3
BLaBLABLaaaa.
Bulshit.[hr]
you should have left the server alone.
  Reply
Post: #4
[size=large]Viper... you will be missed[/size]
Viper... you are definitely one of the nicest people on the server, hands down. It's so unfortunate that this happened, and I feel that even the community will be different. It so sad that is had to end like this. But if I were you, [b]I would have given up ages ago.[/b] I just hope you know, you will be missed very much
[size=xx-large][font=Courier][color=#FF0000]<3[/color][/font][/size]

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #5
Vlper is not nice and never listens to what other people say. He is an ignorant bitch (excuse my language) who only does what he wants and never listens to what other people want. You give him your opinion and he argues about it until you run out of patience (like I have) and then tells you if you don't like it then leave the server.
  Reply
Post: #6
Jakpet, I am absolutely disgusted with your behavior. It is only because of Viper that you are back on this server, and I was prepared to give you a chance because [i][b]HE[/b][/i] asked it of me. You've just ruined your chance and broken your probation. Enjoy the banhammer when I get around to it.

Regards to the actual point of this post -
I have probably had a hand of pushing Viper to this point, and I apologise deeply for it. It'll be sad to let your management of this server go, and in my own personal opinion, it will most likely die without your management. I'm pretty sure that every decent person on this sever will be sad to see you go. I also apologize for the way I reacted towards Towny being installed.
I hope we can keep in contact.
Adios.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #7
[size=xx-large] WHOA WHOA WHOA


[/size][size=small] What the fucking hell. Just because we don't like this plugin doesn't mean you have to quit. I'm sorry that I demanded the plugin to be removed I should've given it a chance, but Viper this is just a bump in the road. I think that we overacted and acted immature. Please reconsider you're decision.


[/size][size=x-large] If this is your farewell, then Goodbye
[Image: ][/size]

The amount of fucks I give:
¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸ .¤\
\¸. .......Zero. ....\
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸ .¤*
..\
☻//
▌
/ \
  Reply
Post: #8
I think he mentioned in his post that the plugin was not the only reason he quit the server. He said that the people who act like children on the server have worn him down over the past year and he's finally decided that he wants no more of it.


[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #9
While I don't think of myself as part of the final act that got him to quit, I've very likely pushed him before in the past, and I do apologize for it. Black will probably be the only one to hold the server together, if it stays together anymore. Farewell, Viper.

*insert deep quote/completely original joke here*

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #10
Farewell, Viper.
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)