Publicity/Advertising.
Post: #11
and out of zarking nowhere

is bacon

yay

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #12
Well, Why don't you guys start advertising the server a bit more? I heard of it on a Tf2 server and tf2=/=Minecraft so me hearing about it was coincidental. I might have gone my life without knowing of it's existence, but a place to start advertising will be
https://minebook.me/ and other server listings....BUT There's a bad side. The server will need some protection from Griefers (Hint hint towny hint hint) because they normally troll around looking for servers to mess with, so there's your downside.
  Reply
Post: #13
Stop asking about towny, we already have a town plugin active.
  Reply
Post: #14
Snowy, some of our own staff were once griefers. Trust me, we can handle them.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #15
HA

I take pride in my ability to grief/hack proof my servers. My number one reason for running a server at all is to provide a platform for creativity. I can only do that successfully if I put time into setting the server up to compete against griefing.

I love seeing grief parties show up only to leave in the first minute or so because they give up trying to grief/hack. Even if they do grief an area, we have LogBlock.

So basically, we're more than ready to advertise to griefers. I say bring em on!

But on that matter, I'm not concerned with advertising till Asyr is released. I want the release to be big.. with a youtube video and everything. But that's far off. We're still building and organising plugins.
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)