Post: #1
04-05-201209:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-05-201209:48 PM by CrunkleSticks.)
[align=center][b]The following is just constructive criticism, don't take anything offensively.
If you can't take criticism, don't read this.[/b][/align]
I can't lie and say that Darkspin servers aren't laggy, because they can be terribly slow at times.
The Minecraft server is hit the worst and sometimes has lag that renders it unplayable losing us popularity.
I've seen people join the server then quit immediately after complaining about the lag.
Infact, we probably lose about 4 new people a day due to it.
This would be fine if the other servers were more popular, but they aren't. The Minecraft server has around 10 people avg. on at a time yet the others (TF2, L4D2 and Vent) barely ever have more than 4 people.
The vent hasn't had anyone online for a sustainable time. When we have got someone connected, they just leave 5 minutes later.
This is why I think our attention should be directed towards the more popular servers instead of trying to keep the dying few alive.
The servers I think we should keep are the Minecraft and L4D server(s) (Terraria, although I have no idea as there aren't stats for it) as they are 10x more popular,and I think we should dump the others so we can build up from what we have running.
The rest aren't active enough and just hold back the potential of Darkspin servers. It's sad but true.
This is my honest opinion and I hope this helps make decisions, idle servers will still take up a lot of bandwidth and memory.
Discuss.
If you can't take criticism, don't read this.[/b][/align]
I can't lie and say that Darkspin servers aren't laggy, because they can be terribly slow at times.
The Minecraft server is hit the worst and sometimes has lag that renders it unplayable losing us popularity.
I've seen people join the server then quit immediately after complaining about the lag.
Infact, we probably lose about 4 new people a day due to it.
This would be fine if the other servers were more popular, but they aren't. The Minecraft server has around 10 people avg. on at a time yet the others (TF2, L4D2 and Vent) barely ever have more than 4 people.
The vent hasn't had anyone online for a sustainable time. When we have got someone connected, they just leave 5 minutes later.
This is why I think our attention should be directed towards the more popular servers instead of trying to keep the dying few alive.
The servers I think we should keep are the Minecraft and L4D server(s) (Terraria, although I have no idea as there aren't stats for it) as they are 10x more popular,and I think we should dump the others so we can build up from what we have running.
The rest aren't active enough and just hold back the potential of Darkspin servers. It's sad but true.
This is my honest opinion and I hope this helps make decisions, idle servers will still take up a lot of bandwidth and memory.
Discuss.


