Sarah_Jelly#Moderator
Post: #1
[i][b]Hey there, it's me Sarah_Jelly/Ren/CreeperGirl/whatever you want to call me.

Here is my application for Moderator position:[/b][/i]

[color=#FF0000][b]Why do you want to be a Moderator?[/b][/color]
I would like to be a Moderator as I'd like to have a sense of responsibility and purpose on the server. I think having a higher rank also brings more respect to the player, and lower ranked players will take me more seriously. I'd also like the chance to enforce rules, like being able to stop griefers, theives, and other annoying people that aren't welcome on the server.
[color=#FF0000][b]What do you think it takes to be a good Moderator?[/b][/color]
I think to be a good Moderator, you; need to be mature, need to be intelligent, need to know people from the server, need to have people on the server who know and trust you, need to be able to see two sides of the story/argument, and you need to know the rules and commands used on the server. Maturity is definitely one of the most important things, it doesn't matter if the player is 12 or 112, it is the maturity level that counts. Knowing the server community and rules is also an important thing, having connections and making friends is a good way to keep the server atmosphere positive, and it's always good to know the rules so you know when somebody is (or you are) breaking them.
[color=#FF0000][b]Have you played at least 80 hours?[/b][/color]
Yes, at the moment of typing this I have ~124 hours playtime on the server. I would have more though, thanks to my parents I am only allowed to be on the computer for 2 hours a day, and every spare second of that is spent on Darkspin.
[color=#FF0000][b]Tell us a little bit about yourself, your gameplay and what you think of the server.[/b][/color]
Well, I dunno where to start. I'm just a chick who plays lots of video games (Portal, Half-Life, Skyrim, G-Mod, Amnesia etc. just to name a couple), hangs out on /x/ and /b/ of 4chan, and doesn't really do much else. I play almost on a daily basis on the server, and I think about two thirds of players on Darkspin know who I am and trust me (not trying to brag :/ ). The server is an awesome server with awesome admins/mods, the only complaints I would have is occasionally lag is quite terrible, and there are a lot of really annoying noobs on the server.
[color=#FF0000][b]Anything we should know about?[/b][/color]
Hmm, nope, I don't think so. You can contact me through Skype or whatever if you like, just ask.
[color=#FF0000][b]Have 3 admins confirmed they trust you? If so, ask them to post a comment approving on your application. Or, any admin can post here. A list of eligible admins will be included with the command list.[/b][/color]
I have confirmed that Bacon, Feffog and Crunkle support my application for Moderator. I'm quite good friends with players such as MrMin, Zahn/Fluffeh, Craften, and Pablo, so I'm quite sure if you asked any of them they would support me also.
[color=#FF0000][b]If you are confirmed, do you swear not to use your powers for stupid/irresponsible/revenge purposes?[/b][/color]
Of course, I would never think of abusing the powers of my new rank. I can swear to God or Satan or Buddha or whoever else you want me the swear to, that I will not use my new powers for any bad reasons.
[color=#FF0000][b]Do you agree to the fact that if you are inactive for a month, your Moderator rank will be revoked?[/b][/color]
Yes, but if I did go a month without being on Darkspin, it'd most likely be due to a reason that I could not help, and I would get in contact with an admin to discuss this if it ever came to that.

[i][b]Uhm, I hope it's long enough and covers the areas needed. Thank you :heart:
P.S. I love Crunkle (?)[/b][/i]

~Ren:heart:
Away
  Reply
Post: #2

We all know you love me. Therefore, I vote yes.

[align=center][Image: ][/align]
  Reply
Post: #3
You does not love me? D:
Jokes, Ren.

An amazing application, easily the best I've seen so far (to be honest, not very hard to beat the other gaiz). You have my full support in your promotion. Your attention to detail is noted, and accepted heartily.
My only criticism is; Next time, post in the right spot. If you other guys are viewing this from the right spot, its coz Viper moved eet.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
I sympathise with your limit on computers, had it myself once. Though stuff like that is just NOT welcome with me. It blew over. Nuff said.

I wilted slightly at the players taking you not seriously comment, though how true it is. I was one of them. Emphasis on 'was'.

Very true on the maturity part, Mikey is a moderator, and has informed us he's only 13. I believe that barely any other people are as mature as him.

Yeah, we forgot to add the fact that if you have a good reason for being away for a bit, just inform an admin before, and you'll be safe.

Interested to know that you play those kind of games.

Overall, an excellent application. Well done, Ren.
  Reply
Post: #4
Great.
I love the effort you put into this.
It's actually trying unlike other players who type one sentence in each question.
You have my full support in your promotion.


  Reply
Post: #5
Congratulations, Ren!
Quickest and most deserved promo I have ever done.
Welcome to the ranks of Moderator.
oh and blox stfu
  Reply
Post: #6
Ren... I was actually seriously considering asking you if you'd like Mod but I just wrote the perms for Queen =S I wasn't sure which you'd prefer.

I'm very impressed with your application, thank you for taking the time to construct such a master piece! I'm a little disappointed you didn't mention the Flying Spaghetti Monster but I think I'll live with it.

Normally I wouldn't be comfortable with an application being accepted so quickly, but for one such as yours, and the fact that I believe it 100%, it's well deserved.

Welcome to the team!

/i'll move the thread now. Maybe the forum is too confusing? I dunno..
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)