Post: #31
08-31-201210:35 PM
I agree with Blackmajor, the names are really good. Nice Ethan.
|
Factions and Asyr
|
|
Post: #31
08-31-201210:35 PM
I agree with Blackmajor, the names are really good. Nice Ethan.
Post: #32
09-01-201201:56 AM
I just read my faction name ideas in a Nordic voice. It sounded sexy. Those Nords sure had a cool language.
“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i] Post: #33
09-01-201207:21 AM
I was thinking about certain cities could have its own smaller factions inside that town, such as thieves, warriors, rebels, mages. I was going to use the rebel faction for my city to add a storyline to it. what do you guys think.
"Vogon poetry is of course the third worst in the Universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning" four of his audience members died of internal haemorrhaging, and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council, survived by gnawing one of his own legs off. Grunthos is reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his twelve-book epic entitled My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles when his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save life and civilization, leaped straight up through his neck and throttled his brain. The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Greenbridge, Essex, England, in the destruction of the planet Earth." Get a smaller sig. -Dragon Post: #34
09-01-201209:11 AM
Hm. Perhaps only moderators can start sub-factions? My pirates could be allegianced to the Neutral faction, yet still be able to go to war.
“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
Okay.
So I'm basically looking towards this kind of format: [color=#FFA500][b]Peanut[/b][/color] is the rank after completing the walk-through. Commands/abilities will be minimal.. [i]I'll need to go over all the plugin commands and do more detailed list for each rank.[/i] [b]Then[/b] the next rank is achieved by something.. perhaps a challenge (which could be different every so often if we have enough talented individuals who can keep that going) This rank will then have the capability of deciding which faction to be in. The ranks after that, will be relative to the faction. Remember 'Merchant' is far too much a name for someone who makes a living in trade and has a shop etc... it should only be an option, not a prerequisite. I don't know who originally thought of the current ranks, but they don't really work. I've tried to bend them to make more sense since I took responsibility for the server. The leaders of each faction will be nominated by staff for a final vote which all players can contribute to. Or something along those lines... perhaps each faction has a different system for this. For instance, the [size=x-small]dark/evil/naughty/not really nice[/size] faction's leader is decided by a challenge.. nothing as simple as a pvp battle.. but along those lines. So to clarify, the neutral faction will be protected and cannot PVP, while the other two factions are usually at war with each other. There will be areas where even they cannot PVP, so full protection at spawn and where ever else we deem it necessary.. like in shops and other stuffs. [color=#FFA500][b]Moderators[/b][/color]... well. They won't have godmode at all as we deem it completely unnecessary and unfair. I'm not really interested in limiting their power to factions... they will be like any other player, but with moderation commands and a [b][color=#FF0000][[/color][color=#FF6347]Mod[/color][color=#FF0000]][/color][/b] in their prefix. I'm thinking each faction has their own mob they can morph into... just a thought. It's easy to do, technically. Donators will continue to have full DisguiseCraft in the Creative world. BlockHat is simple and will be available to donators in every world. It is not possible to BlockHat a block from Creative and transfer it to another world, nor is it possible to remain disguised on world change. If players have the ability to disguise as their faction's mascot or whatever, it won't be every player probably... perhaps it's like the grand achievement reward, or maybe only one player from each faction can ever do it and that gift is rotated between players somehow. Some cool ideas as I sit here typing this... Major and I uploaded and imported the final Asyr world today, and it looks pretty awesome. We need to finalise everything still. I advise no one get their hopes up and don't start predicting when it'll be ready. Name ideas need to keep coming, but I can write the groups up temporarily with basic names. We need lots of talent.. I want to see Asyr scattered with challenges and quests and shit. Each will have the ability to create something in Creative or to transfer something from their own server at home or whatever. Of course, not everyone will get to see their work published on Asyr for all to try out. We will judge them and assign them into categories by difficulty. Ideally, stuff will be rewarded to those who complete the challenge. We can easily do this with ServerSigns. On the matter of building/mining on Asyr... well mostly, it won't be regioned.. but I want staff with logblock and snapshot permissions to clean the place up every so often. Hmm.. i'll add to this thread as I go. Post: #36
09-13-201210:44 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-13-201210:47 PM by Saintethan.)
Speaking of LogBlock[hr]
Moderator's can't use it anymore[hr] ALL MY WUUUUUUT [hr] Hm. How bout Kings rule the capitol cities[hr] Whilst Artisans run the factions And I still want moderators to run the subgroups But whatevs “What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i] Post: #37
09-13-201211:13 PM
Moderators were never able to use LogBlock... if you mean you can't check blocks with the wood pick tool, since when?
Kings rule the factions. What exactly that means, will have to be decided. Subgroups? Post: #38
09-14-201205:04 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-14-201205:06 AM by Saintethan.)
Well...it was never made official, but... we were hoping that the user-made factions (the oldest being the Zombies and the Pirates) would have some sort of support in Asyr. Basically, they would be allegianced to a faction and help that faction if it were to go to war, but everything they did would be seperate from the faction. For example, the Pirates could be allegianced to the Evil Faction, BUUUUT they could raid towns without endangering the rest of the faction. Any hostilities caused by the sub groups wouldn't affect the rest of the faction.
[hr] And yes, I did mean the Wooden Pickaxe LogBlock tool... Geist can't use it, for some reason. I'd have to check it myself, once I get my rank back. Basically, moderators don't have access to /lb tool. “What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i] Post: #39
09-14-201206:11 AM
I still think subgroups should atleast be entire staff, if they even happen Saint. Otherwise it'd just be you and Geist...
*insert deep quote/completely original joke here* [Image: ] Post: #40
09-14-201208:44 AM
I think we're letting our imagination run a little too far here... we can only do so much with a minecraft server, short of developing whole new plugins.
And when the factions go to war... it really can't be griefing... that goes no where. Perhaps it should be PVP battles and challenges and games like spleef and whatever else is out there. I'm eager to try out anything from a youtuber which can be pasted with a schematic. |