Post: #11
08-23-201201:05 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-23-201201:10 PM by Saintethan.)
I understand that the majority of this is due to my hatred of bronies, and the incident with Scope. But please hear me out on this one, as you have all done so many times in the past. Recently, I have been going through some very personal stuff, largely involving my sister being kicked out... but you don' t really want the specifics, do you? Well, in the middle of all this, my mindset on things has shifted rapidly... resulting in the arrogant, intolerable asshole I have been acting like recently.
I assume I was so caught up in the middle of all this that I took out my fury on here, and, in an attempt to share my emotional crisis, I pissed off quite a lot of people—one of which was Mikey, who I antagonized with my hatred of that wimpy-ass (no offence) show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Another was Blue, who I accused of destroying Scope's rather large house in Shipwreck Valley, which, may it be put on record, he did against my permission.
And yes, I did overreact when Scope was banned... Largely due to the personal problems stated above, but also because he is honestly a great friend of mine. I myself detest the idea of permabanning [i]anyone[/i], and especially when the person in question has had the decency to contribute to our gaming community. Scope was one of the first people I met when I joined the server.
When I unban people early, it's usually not because I don' t think they deserved the ban... it's because I hate banning people and not giving them a reason why. Half of the bans on here are dished out with a simple "lolnope," or, as Mikey would've done, "GRIIIIIEEEFF." It's truly irritating when you try to join the server and don't even know why you can't. I often do ban them again later.
So yes. Until I can sort my life out, do with my rank as you please. I'd rather not continue to detract from other player's experiance with my unreasonable rantings and ravings.
[hr]
Hey, but if I do get perma demoted, can I at least keep my LogBlock abilities? I'd like to help other players somehow.
I assume I was so caught up in the middle of all this that I took out my fury on here, and, in an attempt to share my emotional crisis, I pissed off quite a lot of people—one of which was Mikey, who I antagonized with my hatred of that wimpy-ass (no offence) show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Another was Blue, who I accused of destroying Scope's rather large house in Shipwreck Valley, which, may it be put on record, he did against my permission.
And yes, I did overreact when Scope was banned... Largely due to the personal problems stated above, but also because he is honestly a great friend of mine. I myself detest the idea of permabanning [i]anyone[/i], and especially when the person in question has had the decency to contribute to our gaming community. Scope was one of the first people I met when I joined the server.
When I unban people early, it's usually not because I don' t think they deserved the ban... it's because I hate banning people and not giving them a reason why. Half of the bans on here are dished out with a simple "lolnope," or, as Mikey would've done, "GRIIIIIEEEFF." It's truly irritating when you try to join the server and don't even know why you can't. I often do ban them again later.
So yes. Until I can sort my life out, do with my rank as you please. I'd rather not continue to detract from other player's experiance with my unreasonable rantings and ravings.
[hr]
Hey, but if I do get perma demoted, can I at least keep my LogBlock abilities? I'd like to help other players somehow.
“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
