Wait. What the hell? Why is this still being talked about? I thought we resolved this.
EDIT: I guess I'll explain myself and what happened one last time, as annoying as this topic has become. (Seriously though. Why again?? WHY.)
I know everyone was hurt and there was a split but some of you seem to have forgotten why and my side of the story was majorly ignored despite me being there when it happened. I was there to allow you all to take your hate out onto me, rather than DS, because he didn't deserve it either. Instead, people hated EVERYONE. There was so much hate being slung around, it was ridiculous. It was assumptions piled upon baseless accusations wrapped up into blatant insults. The administrative team (no matter what side they chose) did a good job of trying to keep things orderly and respectful, I think. The nonsense even went as far as to grief either side in petty last-remarks, which were completely unnecessary.
Here's what went down on D-Day: Viper asked for my help. I said sure. I was excited and honored to help such an important person. He asked me to become exclusive to his server. I declined. I explained that I would help out both. He insisted. I declined again and asked DS to talk with him about forming a partnership. DS jumped the gun and removed his SSH access (I kept saying some of his admin because he still had access to his basic admin commands) and he threw a huge fit. Both sides felt completely insulted by the other's behavior. It blew up from there.
Seriously. That's it. That's all that happened in a nutshell. It just grew and grew because of the resentment everyone felt for one another for their own little reasons. That's childishness, imo. I learned from my mistakes that I made with Composer and we both apologized to each other. We're friends now. Why are we bringing back up such a painful time for us all? Old wounds shouldn't be picked at but remembered. Agree to disagree and move on.
For whatever reason you believe the DS servers have died, I have actually been in contact with DS personally, so I know why. Stop making assumptions and just ask someone who might know, for crying out loud.
Reason: DS has been going through some rough stuff IRL and he hasn't really had the time to focus on the servers, so he's decided to take a break. I have no clue how long it will last but it could be permanent. I just want you guys to put your selfishness aside for a moment to try and realize that DS offered us all a FREE place to stay. A community to meet friends and hang out and he didn't ask anything. He did this to make us all happy and I don't think someone like that could ever deserve so much hate.
Instead of feeling bad, you should all be thankful for those moments that we did have together. We made a lot of friends we wouldn't have had without DS.
EDIT: I guess I'll explain myself and what happened one last time, as annoying as this topic has become. (Seriously though. Why again?? WHY.)
I know everyone was hurt and there was a split but some of you seem to have forgotten why and my side of the story was majorly ignored despite me being there when it happened. I was there to allow you all to take your hate out onto me, rather than DS, because he didn't deserve it either. Instead, people hated EVERYONE. There was so much hate being slung around, it was ridiculous. It was assumptions piled upon baseless accusations wrapped up into blatant insults. The administrative team (no matter what side they chose) did a good job of trying to keep things orderly and respectful, I think. The nonsense even went as far as to grief either side in petty last-remarks, which were completely unnecessary.
Here's what went down on D-Day: Viper asked for my help. I said sure. I was excited and honored to help such an important person. He asked me to become exclusive to his server. I declined. I explained that I would help out both. He insisted. I declined again and asked DS to talk with him about forming a partnership. DS jumped the gun and removed his SSH access (I kept saying some of his admin because he still had access to his basic admin commands) and he threw a huge fit. Both sides felt completely insulted by the other's behavior. It blew up from there.
Seriously. That's it. That's all that happened in a nutshell. It just grew and grew because of the resentment everyone felt for one another for their own little reasons. That's childishness, imo. I learned from my mistakes that I made with Composer and we both apologized to each other. We're friends now. Why are we bringing back up such a painful time for us all? Old wounds shouldn't be picked at but remembered. Agree to disagree and move on.
For whatever reason you believe the DS servers have died, I have actually been in contact with DS personally, so I know why. Stop making assumptions and just ask someone who might know, for crying out loud.
Reason: DS has been going through some rough stuff IRL and he hasn't really had the time to focus on the servers, so he's decided to take a break. I have no clue how long it will last but it could be permanent. I just want you guys to put your selfishness aside for a moment to try and realize that DS offered us all a FREE place to stay. A community to meet friends and hang out and he didn't ask anything. He did this to make us all happy and I don't think someone like that could ever deserve so much hate.
Instead of feeling bad, you should all be thankful for those moments that we did have together. We made a lot of friends we wouldn't have had without DS.
[Image: ]
Perception is key to all things.
