Post: #5
05-28-201210:25 PM
Yeah, I agree with you— any random hacker could just cheat his way into buying merchant rank, and then just make nice-nice with a GH0ST. So I suppose that perhaps they must be at least mod to get it, unless they are reeeaaallly trusted, like you said.
And about only admins being able to vote on it.... I was thinking of GH0ST rank being a rank that the entire staff could vote on. To become a mod, one must have the trust of an admin—so if a player gets mod rank, than their say is worth just as much as an admin's. Also, just as Viper must have the final say to a player becoming a mod or an artisan, so must a GH0ST have the final say to someone else getting this title.
Also, my only reply to the "secret rank" bit is "YES."
“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
