Thanks for posting a somewhat civil thread, Viper. It's a nice first since the beginning of this week long war. While I agree with you on most points, I disagree with a few statements you made (naturally) but I'll do my best to keep it as civil as possible [u]without telling you to stuff it[/u].
"for no reason"
You were told by DS and by me SEVERAL times why it happened. It's not our fault that you or anyone else refuses to accept what happened or how you handled it.
"Nothing I say seems to really process with you and you make up shit a long the way to fill in the gaps."
Likewise..
"it was ... your deleting rampage. I legitimately attempted to have a real thread where we could all discuss the situation, but you deleted it. Real mature."
First off, there's a lot wrong with this little bit of what was said. If you're refering to the thread that [i]I[/i] made in the failed attempt to get this whole ordeal sorted out, then no. I deleted it because it was up for 8 hours and I figured that'd be more than enough time for such an immature matter. And yes, at the time, I didn't consider this problem a big one. I had no idea you or anyone else would take this so terribly. I knew it would be bad but had no idea it'd be this bad.
If you mean another thread, one that you actually did make, no. Sorry. That wasn't me. But nice of you to think of me.
I will say this though. No one ever questioned your judgement so why is what we do such taboo? Is it because it's actually against the rules or is it because you don't like it? I can expect these questions to go unanswered. I wouldn't want you to break your promise to your friend and I really would like this to end here. Thank you.
"Ben is happy to see everyone go"
lol you don't even know that. How could you? You've not talked to him for days and refused to listen to him when you did speak with him.
"You're right. Wars are usually caused by insane people."
I never said that. I said that they're created by misunderstandings where neither party is fully wrong or correct at the same time. Is this your attempt at twisting what I say in order to make it into an insult? Not sure if trolling or legitimately confused..
"No doubt my words here offend you.. just grow a pair, decide how you're going to deal with it and do it without complaining about being offended."
lol you're one to talk when you couldn't take the fact that you lost a portion of your admin temporarily while DS did some work on the server and as a way to get your attention to say "hey, we need to talk about your behavior". But really, is anyone doing any different? That's all this little event has been. Just a bunch of upset people complaining, really. I'm upset that I tried to help you and you put me in the corner and even went as far as to insult me. The real problem here is that you don't respect anyone that shares different views from you. I'd love to be your friend. I love being a friend. I love helping people. I do my best. But you, sir.. you need to work on yourself a whole lot and figure out exactly what happened and why. Stop pushing the blame off on someone else. Look at yourself, for once. Consider your own actions before pointing the finger. And really, you thought you'd hurt my feelings? The guy who's been "ranting" the entire time and deleting his own posts so that people don't get offended? Viper, Please.
Well, since this is your parting gift for us, I guess I'll be a bastard, since some people think I am anyways. Through my actions, you say? Ha. Don't make me laugh. You've not seen anything. If you think I'm a jerk when I'm not trying, just think...
"... he just takes away my access.. just like that. He shows no care about what I've done and he treats me like a child. I'm not entirely sure I care if you understand or not.. you've severly let me down today. It's jsut a good thing we're not long time friends..."
Condescend me more, please. I only wish I saved our other conversations so I could show the world just how "low" you think I am (while I'm still there for you and doing my best to help out, I might add).
"He did what he did and it is highly unacceptable"
"My actions are warranted and he deserves to be set straight."
Who's a tyrant? DS? I've never heard DS say anything like this. In fact, I'd be more prone to saying something like this to/about someone that's trying to undermine me. Oh, that's right. You've no respect for anyone but yourself, unless they are currently benefiting you..
5:50 PM - Viper?: a portion... jesus
5:50 PM - Viper?: it's no fucking wonder you're so convinced i'm behaving irrationally
5:50 PM - Viper?: i'm not sure you're even reading my posts
5:51 PM - Viper?: I explain in depth that it's beyond just a 'portion'
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: ssh access.
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: anything else?
6:14 PM - Viper?: you fucking closed it
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: I sure did.
6:14 PM - Viper?: it's barely been upa few hours
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: GO on.
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: People were talking in circles.
6:15 PM - Viper?: you haven't given enought time for anyone else's input
6:15 PM - Viper?: like three people even said anything
6:15 PM - Viper?: because it's only been upa few hours
6:15 PM - Viper?: open it now.
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: No.
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: It's been up for 8 hours.
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: A few hours.
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: ..
6:16 PM - Viper?: 8 hours is a few hours
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: K.
6:16 PM - Viper?: everyone has different time zones
6:16 PM - Viper?: until it's been up for 2 days, i'm not satisfied
Here you are telling me what to do with my own thread while avoiding answering the question. You interjected with your rage-filled comments about the atrocities that DS had committed and what a horrible show he was running and then went on to shame ME further for even considering side with the server owner. I owe you nothing. We were as equals and you spoke down on me the entirety of our work-relationship and now that you're leaving, I bid you a friendly farewell and I wish you all the best. Stop by as often as you like but please DROP THE GRUDGE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE. TAKE SOME OF THE BLAME. YOU ARE NOT PERFECT. NO ONE IS. WE ALL FUCKED UP.
mfw trying to help and get hate from all sides
And you all can assume I think so highly of myself but in reality, I never believed in myself until I had friends who were there for me. You can try to tear me down but as long as I have friends who believe in me, I will do my best and do what I think is right. You cannot kill an idea. You can do your best to stomp it out but the idea lives on! Call me what you will. Think what you like. I am just a man.
"for no reason"
You were told by DS and by me SEVERAL times why it happened. It's not our fault that you or anyone else refuses to accept what happened or how you handled it.
"Nothing I say seems to really process with you and you make up shit a long the way to fill in the gaps."
Likewise..
"it was ... your deleting rampage. I legitimately attempted to have a real thread where we could all discuss the situation, but you deleted it. Real mature."
First off, there's a lot wrong with this little bit of what was said. If you're refering to the thread that [i]I[/i] made in the failed attempt to get this whole ordeal sorted out, then no. I deleted it because it was up for 8 hours and I figured that'd be more than enough time for such an immature matter. And yes, at the time, I didn't consider this problem a big one. I had no idea you or anyone else would take this so terribly. I knew it would be bad but had no idea it'd be this bad.
If you mean another thread, one that you actually did make, no. Sorry. That wasn't me. But nice of you to think of me.
I will say this though. No one ever questioned your judgement so why is what we do such taboo? Is it because it's actually against the rules or is it because you don't like it? I can expect these questions to go unanswered. I wouldn't want you to break your promise to your friend and I really would like this to end here. Thank you.
"Ben is happy to see everyone go"
lol you don't even know that. How could you? You've not talked to him for days and refused to listen to him when you did speak with him.
"You're right. Wars are usually caused by insane people."
I never said that. I said that they're created by misunderstandings where neither party is fully wrong or correct at the same time. Is this your attempt at twisting what I say in order to make it into an insult? Not sure if trolling or legitimately confused..
"No doubt my words here offend you.. just grow a pair, decide how you're going to deal with it and do it without complaining about being offended."
lol you're one to talk when you couldn't take the fact that you lost a portion of your admin temporarily while DS did some work on the server and as a way to get your attention to say "hey, we need to talk about your behavior". But really, is anyone doing any different? That's all this little event has been. Just a bunch of upset people complaining, really. I'm upset that I tried to help you and you put me in the corner and even went as far as to insult me. The real problem here is that you don't respect anyone that shares different views from you. I'd love to be your friend. I love being a friend. I love helping people. I do my best. But you, sir.. you need to work on yourself a whole lot and figure out exactly what happened and why. Stop pushing the blame off on someone else. Look at yourself, for once. Consider your own actions before pointing the finger. And really, you thought you'd hurt my feelings? The guy who's been "ranting" the entire time and deleting his own posts so that people don't get offended? Viper, Please.
Well, since this is your parting gift for us, I guess I'll be a bastard, since some people think I am anyways. Through my actions, you say? Ha. Don't make me laugh. You've not seen anything. If you think I'm a jerk when I'm not trying, just think...
"... he just takes away my access.. just like that. He shows no care about what I've done and he treats me like a child. I'm not entirely sure I care if you understand or not.. you've severly let me down today. It's jsut a good thing we're not long time friends..."
Condescend me more, please. I only wish I saved our other conversations so I could show the world just how "low" you think I am (while I'm still there for you and doing my best to help out, I might add).
"He did what he did and it is highly unacceptable"
"My actions are warranted and he deserves to be set straight."
Who's a tyrant? DS? I've never heard DS say anything like this. In fact, I'd be more prone to saying something like this to/about someone that's trying to undermine me. Oh, that's right. You've no respect for anyone but yourself, unless they are currently benefiting you..
5:50 PM - Viper?: a portion... jesus
5:50 PM - Viper?: it's no fucking wonder you're so convinced i'm behaving irrationally
5:50 PM - Viper?: i'm not sure you're even reading my posts
5:51 PM - Viper?: I explain in depth that it's beyond just a 'portion'
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: ssh access.
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: anything else?
6:14 PM - Viper?: you fucking closed it
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: I sure did.
6:14 PM - Viper?: it's barely been upa few hours
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: GO on.
6:14 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: People were talking in circles.
6:15 PM - Viper?: you haven't given enought time for anyone else's input
6:15 PM - Viper?: like three people even said anything
6:15 PM - Viper?: because it's only been upa few hours
6:15 PM - Viper?: open it now.
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: No.
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: It's been up for 8 hours.
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: A few hours.
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: ..
6:16 PM - Viper?: 8 hours is a few hours
6:16 PM - >>ÐS<< DarkRyu™ ?: K.
6:16 PM - Viper?: everyone has different time zones
6:16 PM - Viper?: until it's been up for 2 days, i'm not satisfied
Here you are telling me what to do with my own thread while avoiding answering the question. You interjected with your rage-filled comments about the atrocities that DS had committed and what a horrible show he was running and then went on to shame ME further for even considering side with the server owner. I owe you nothing. We were as equals and you spoke down on me the entirety of our work-relationship and now that you're leaving, I bid you a friendly farewell and I wish you all the best. Stop by as often as you like but please DROP THE GRUDGE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE. TAKE SOME OF THE BLAME. YOU ARE NOT PERFECT. NO ONE IS. WE ALL FUCKED UP.
mfw trying to help and get hate from all sides
And you all can assume I think so highly of myself but in reality, I never believed in myself until I had friends who were there for me. You can try to tear me down but as long as I have friends who believe in me, I will do my best and do what I think is right. You cannot kill an idea. You can do your best to stomp it out but the idea lives on! Call me what you will. Think what you like. I am just a man.
[Image: ]
Perception is key to all things.