Post: #12
06-10-201304:20 AM
[b]For you, what is Darkspin?
What makes Darkspin what it is?
What are your favourite qualities of Darkspin?
[/b]
I've been playing on Darkspin for quite a while now, and although not as long as some people, I firmly believe that the most redeeming aspect of this server is the varied community. There's trolls, liberals, Jehovah's Witnesses, atheists, self-proclaimed geniuses--we even have [i]Australians[/i]! Darkspin got this far through trolling, griefing, flamewars, and arguments. We're a tough lot, and it is due to the experiances (and paranoia) of the players and staff that the server has survived this long. I'd say the server can stand up to any sort of attack now, mainly because of the efforts of D4rkspin and ViperX.
[b]
What about Obsidia, do you love the most?
What will you miss about it?
Why would removing Obsidia be a problem?[/b]
This may just be my opinion as a serious roleplayer, but Obsidia has a story built up around it. Almost everything in it tells some sort of story, whether it be about a griefing attack, or something more fantastical. I can go to Shipwreck Valley right now and describe almost every event that has happened to it, from Bacon and Feffog terraforming it to me giving it away to Jojo and Blue.
The problem with removing it is that we'll have to do all that again. Build up an entire "plotline" revolving around a Minecraft world.
[b]Be completely honest:
Why do you think I want Asyr to replace Obsidia as the primary world?
What do you think of Asyr?
What do you even KNOW about Asyr?[/b]
It seems that Obsidia has had it's run. It's aged, griefed, and is in need of replacement. Or so I assume, is your reason. I really love the concept of Asyr. It's far more vast and complicated, compared to original old Minecraft of which Obsidia was designed for. However, Asyr isn't just an upgrade to Obsidia, it is an upgrade to the game. I rarely play anymore, because despite the unique community, I can get here what I can get anywhere else. I feel that Asyr will change that.
[b]If we were to remove Obsidia, what would you want in it's place?[/b]
While I do like Obsidia, I feel we're in need of something new for a change, because of how old Obsidia is. That's what I view Asyr as being--the same game, just different execution.
[b]Despite it's size, would you want a complete download of Obsidia in the event of it being removed?[/b]
Yes. I have always wanted to make a custom map of some sort combining various Darkspin structures. Perhaps it would be PVP? Or maybe a "Super Hostile"-esque survival map, where there is a goal but it can be played normally. Either way, I'd need the maps.
[b]
Given I'm actually asking all these questions, can you trust me to handle the situation as best I can, with everyone's best interests in mind? I have a dream that is Asyr and Darkspin is my stage. If I remain the director of this server, it will be my concern. Otherwise, I can focus my efforts on an entirely new server which will most likely replace Darkspin as you know it, to save costs, rather than start a new one elsewhere.[/b]
If you are willing to stay here and compose a beautiful orchestra using Asyr, then please, go ahead. I do understand that certain players don't always respect your hard work for the server, and that has even included your staffmembers from time to time.
[b]Comments[/b]
All I can say, is that I'm still looking forward to the release of anything you have
planned to revolutionize Darkspin gameplay, and I would like to actually help you do that, rather than being counterproductive like I usually end up.
What makes Darkspin what it is?
What are your favourite qualities of Darkspin?
[/b]
I've been playing on Darkspin for quite a while now, and although not as long as some people, I firmly believe that the most redeeming aspect of this server is the varied community. There's trolls, liberals, Jehovah's Witnesses, atheists, self-proclaimed geniuses--we even have [i]Australians[/i]! Darkspin got this far through trolling, griefing, flamewars, and arguments. We're a tough lot, and it is due to the experiances (and paranoia) of the players and staff that the server has survived this long. I'd say the server can stand up to any sort of attack now, mainly because of the efforts of D4rkspin and ViperX.
[b]
What about Obsidia, do you love the most?
What will you miss about it?
Why would removing Obsidia be a problem?[/b]
This may just be my opinion as a serious roleplayer, but Obsidia has a story built up around it. Almost everything in it tells some sort of story, whether it be about a griefing attack, or something more fantastical. I can go to Shipwreck Valley right now and describe almost every event that has happened to it, from Bacon and Feffog terraforming it to me giving it away to Jojo and Blue.
The problem with removing it is that we'll have to do all that again. Build up an entire "plotline" revolving around a Minecraft world.
[b]Be completely honest:
Why do you think I want Asyr to replace Obsidia as the primary world?
What do you think of Asyr?
What do you even KNOW about Asyr?[/b]
It seems that Obsidia has had it's run. It's aged, griefed, and is in need of replacement. Or so I assume, is your reason. I really love the concept of Asyr. It's far more vast and complicated, compared to original old Minecraft of which Obsidia was designed for. However, Asyr isn't just an upgrade to Obsidia, it is an upgrade to the game. I rarely play anymore, because despite the unique community, I can get here what I can get anywhere else. I feel that Asyr will change that.
[b]If we were to remove Obsidia, what would you want in it's place?[/b]
While I do like Obsidia, I feel we're in need of something new for a change, because of how old Obsidia is. That's what I view Asyr as being--the same game, just different execution.
[b]Despite it's size, would you want a complete download of Obsidia in the event of it being removed?[/b]
Yes. I have always wanted to make a custom map of some sort combining various Darkspin structures. Perhaps it would be PVP? Or maybe a "Super Hostile"-esque survival map, where there is a goal but it can be played normally. Either way, I'd need the maps.
[b]
Given I'm actually asking all these questions, can you trust me to handle the situation as best I can, with everyone's best interests in mind? I have a dream that is Asyr and Darkspin is my stage. If I remain the director of this server, it will be my concern. Otherwise, I can focus my efforts on an entirely new server which will most likely replace Darkspin as you know it, to save costs, rather than start a new one elsewhere.[/b]
If you are willing to stay here and compose a beautiful orchestra using Asyr, then please, go ahead. I do understand that certain players don't always respect your hard work for the server, and that has even included your staffmembers from time to time.
[b]Comments[/b]
All I can say, is that I'm still looking forward to the release of anything you have
planned to revolutionize Darkspin gameplay, and I would like to actually help you do that, rather than being counterproductive like I usually end up.
“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
