The world that is Obsidia
Post: #7

That's exactly what we're trying to do with Asyr. But we've needed more help in deciding how that'll be done. I dunno, perhaps the less people we have planning/designing it, the less complex it'll be. We have Chris on board now too.


Eleves, your questions are not relevant to this thread. I'll answer that stuff in another thread in the near future.



You [i]do[/i] realize that that was my exact plan from the very start, ever since I first released plans for a new world...?


Precisely. And while I do care about our regulars, the mess of the world has made it difficult to attract new players.. you know, ones that aren't friends of already active regulars.


For awhile, I've understood that, so I never wanted Asyr to be too different. Yes, there will be more to do and you'll need to learn the commands of some new plugins and little about how they work. But take a moment and count all the plugins on the server that you know the commands for and use every session. There are actually quite a few really. And for some reason, you guys seem to think an extra plugin or two will make it too complicated.

The whole concept of NPCs was solely to keep the server simple. All you do is walk up to them and they start talking to you, telling you everything you need to know about everything.. well that was the initial plan anyway. But either way, they'll be used for quests and stuff. But the biggest issue there, is Major is the one scripting them and he's happy to do it, but he needs ideas. So please Skype him, he'll be happy to share all that he has done and can do so you can go ahead and think of how to take advantage. Above all, we need ideas.


Well guess what?
I'm so concerned about missing vital mechanics of the game, that I have asked Major to go to great lengths to come up with work arounds. And what really pisses me off with Acheron, is we can place hundreds of brilliant temples around the world, randomly (but intelligently) placed and with a variety of several dozen unique designs.... but those chests? we currently have no way of spawning items in them.

Composer, I think you above all, should have a session with Major and I so we can show you Asyr. Download Teamviewer and we'll plan it.

But yes. I'm really concerned about leaving out important mechanics and features that the standard MC generator provides.


In the event that we actually do remove Obsidia, a new world will be created in it's place. But only after I've exhausted all options for keeping the world. I personally love the idea of a new start. I think what has made it difficult for you guys in this scenario, is you think it'll be replaced only by Asyr and foriegn, complicated mechanics. Actually, I'm happy to create a new Obsidia which will be no different from the current one, only newly generated; a fresh start, a fresh world with less glitches and bugs and no more fugly chunk misalignment.


Sure, Asyr [i]is[/i] finite, but it's enormous. I could be wrong, but I think it's about the size of Obsidia today, minus all those branches. It's not so much about creating lots of great land formations and whatnot, Major has been creating his own custom biomes. Take a moment to let that sink in.

I'm sure our ore concentration ideas will pop up somewhere in these replies.. I'm just going through them one by one and replying to each.
Yes, we have some rather interesting ideas for the ore concentration. Whether you like them or not, we aren't entirely sure. But the problem is we've only really had negative feedback, but merely at the [i]idea[/i]. And currently, it merely IS just an idea. Major has already implemented some higher ore concentration in places, but the overall concentration and whether some ores are only found in certain biomes/locations... has not been decided yet. (I swear to fish, it'll be nothing like the centre of Acheron)
We need feedback and ideas.


Hazzah
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-05-201312:55 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by mikey288 - 06-05-201302:16 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by ibanezboy - 06-05-201304:39 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-05-201312:00 PM
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Saintethan - 06-10-201304:20 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Eleves_202 - 06-05-201305:07 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by StorAxis - 06-05-201308:32 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by TheComposer - 06-05-201308:50 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-07-201301:18 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by RaperisPacist - 06-07-201301:43 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by ibanezboy - 06-08-201304:08 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by mikey288 - 06-10-201305:20 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Saintethan - 06-17-201305:03 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Lunaru Faein - 06-11-201304:52 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by BlackMajor - 06-11-201310:02 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Lunaru Faein - 06-12-201302:31 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-12-201310:08 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by TheComposer - 06-12-201311:15 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-12-201312:46 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Lunaru Faein - 06-12-201301:30 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by OMGBACONROFL - 06-12-201308:16 AM,

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)