The world that is Obsidia
Post: #6
[b]For you, what is Darkspin?
What makes Darkspin what it is?
What are your favourite qualities of Darkspin?

What about Obsidia, do you love the most?
What will you miss about it?
Why would removing Obsidia be a problem?

Be completely honest:
Why do you think I want Asyr to replace Obsidia as the primary world?
What do you think of Asyr?
What do you even KNOW about Asyr?[/b]

To me, Darkspin has been my favorite Minecraft server I've ever played on. I believe what makes Darkspin what it is, is how simple it is. My favorite qualities are that it plays like vanilla Minecraft while still giving plugins that assist while not changing the experience too much, and the fact that I have a lot of friends here now. In terms of Obsidia, I love how..... free it feels. I'll miss everything I've built, but most of all I'll miss how simple it feels, while still feeling like I'll never run out of things to do. The problem with removing Obsidia would be that, it would feel like the server is missing something for a long time, and I think it would take time for that feeling to go away for some.

I feel that you want to replace Obsidia with Asyr because you feel that Obsidia is not only inadequate, but that Asyr is your dream world. So far my thoughts on Asyr are that it will be too different from Obsidia for some of our members to make the transition. What I know about Asyr is that having nations or factions is intended (don't know if still is), and that you want it to be custom generated. The main thing I don't like is custom generation, I never have. With custom generation, I feel things can always be missed (I truly hope you are putting spawners out there.) Also one thing I like about minecraft generation is finding a place to live. With minecraft generation, there will always be a few good spots, but with custom I feel that's lost, since you want to make so many "good" locations.

[b]If we were to remove Obsidia, what would you want in it's place?

Despite it's size, would you want a complete download of Obsidia in the event of it being removed?

Given I'm actually asking all these questions, can you trust me to handle the situation as best I can, with everyone's best interests in mind? I have a dream that is Asyr and Darkspin is my stage. If I remain the director of this server, it will be my concern. Otherwise, I can focus my efforts on an entirely new server which will most likely replace Darkspin as you know it, to save costs, rather than start a new one elsewhere.[/b]

If Obsidia were removed, I would like a world like it in it's place, one that's not custom generated, and allows people to be as creative as they want in a survival environment. I understand Obsidia is old, and maybe that's why you want it removed, but I still love playing in Obsidia. So maybe a new world with the same idea wouldn't be a bad idea, but people would still hate losing everything. In terms of a download, I'd probably download it, just so I wouldn't feel like it's completely gone.

I trust you to handle the situation as best you can, I only wish you'd look more from a player's perspective at times. Not to say you don't at all, but I think you need to do it more often. Other than that, with your work ethic I think you can do fine.

[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-05-201312:55 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by mikey288 - 06-05-201302:16 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by ibanezboy - 06-05-201304:39 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-05-201312:00 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Saintethan - 06-10-201304:20 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Eleves_202 - 06-05-201305:07 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by StorAxis - 06-05-201308:32 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by TheComposer - 06-05-201308:50 AM
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-07-201301:18 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by RaperisPacist - 06-07-201301:43 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by ibanezboy - 06-08-201304:08 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by mikey288 - 06-10-201305:20 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Saintethan - 06-17-201305:03 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Lunaru Faein - 06-11-201304:52 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by BlackMajor - 06-11-201310:02 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Lunaru Faein - 06-12-201302:31 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-12-201310:08 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by TheComposer - 06-12-201311:15 AM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by VlperX - 06-12-201312:46 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by Lunaru Faein - 06-12-201301:30 PM,
RE: The world that is Obsidia - by OMGBACONROFL - 06-12-201308:16 AM,

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)