Post: #2
06-05-201302:16 AM
[b]For you, what is Darkspin?
What makes Darkspin what it is?
What are your favourite qualities of Darkspin?
[/b]
I've been playing on Darkspin for quite a while now, and although not as long as some people, I can definitely say the greatest part about the server is it's community. Whether they be funny, helpful, intelligent, you name it, the server has a wide variety of players of which make the server itself fun. I am not in any way trying to say that you, Major's, or Darkspin's actions don't benefit the server, but the player-base is definitely what catches the players first.
[b]
What about Obsidia, do you love the most?
What will you miss about it?
Why would removing Obsidia be a problem?[/b]
Obsidia is so familiar, to all of our current players. There's the occasional new building that's made, but for the most part, you recognize every building. Having been in this world for so long, I don't imagine people would adapt so quickly to a new world. To suddenly have the world of which they've contributed so much to scrapped(not as in deleted, but taken out), and put into a new world with new systems, new mechanics, completely new layouts, etc.
[b]Be completely honest:
Why do you think I want Asyr to replace Obsidia as the primary world?
What do you think of Asyr?
What do you even KNOW about Asyr?[/b]
It seems that Obsidia has had it's run. It's aged, griefed, and is in need of replacement. Or so I assume, is your reason. I really like the concept of Asyr, but I've been skeptical as to how the players will like it. It's far more vast and complicated, compared to original old minecraft of which obsida was built off of. Asyr has changed a lot, from what I've seen, during the development. I'm not even entirely sure how it'll end up. Regrettably, I have not made any effort to help in the production of Asyr, and have, if anything, helped postpone it more.
[b]If we were to remove Obsidia, what would you want in it's place?[/b]
While I do like Obsidia, I feel we're in need of something new for a change, because of how old Obsidia is. I don't typically "play", but if I were to, I would be looking for something more complex than vanilla minecraft, but not too complex. Something that's easy to adapt to. I'm indecisive so I couldn't really specify anything I want.
[b]Despite it's size, would you want a complete download of Obsidia in the event of it being removed?[/b]
Not really. I can understand why some people would want as much, due to the amount of time they've put into the server and it's buildings, but in reality, it was made on a video game, so it is very temporary, and that's something we'd have to live with.
[b]
Given I'm actually asking all these questions, can you trust me to handle the situation as best I can, with everyone's best interests in mind? I have a dream that is Asyr and Darkspin is my stage. If I remain the director of this server, it will be my concern. Otherwise, I can focus my efforts on an entirely new server which will most likely replace Darkspin as you know it, to save costs, rather than start a new one elsewhere.[/b]
Yeah, I understand. I definitely think we don't respect what you do for the server, and we're quick to swat down any ideas that seem new and too far out.
[b]Comments[/b]
All I can say, is that I'm still looking forward to the release of Asyr, and I would like to actually help somewhat, rather than being counterproductive.
What makes Darkspin what it is?
What are your favourite qualities of Darkspin?
[/b]
I've been playing on Darkspin for quite a while now, and although not as long as some people, I can definitely say the greatest part about the server is it's community. Whether they be funny, helpful, intelligent, you name it, the server has a wide variety of players of which make the server itself fun. I am not in any way trying to say that you, Major's, or Darkspin's actions don't benefit the server, but the player-base is definitely what catches the players first.
[b]
What about Obsidia, do you love the most?
What will you miss about it?
Why would removing Obsidia be a problem?[/b]
Obsidia is so familiar, to all of our current players. There's the occasional new building that's made, but for the most part, you recognize every building. Having been in this world for so long, I don't imagine people would adapt so quickly to a new world. To suddenly have the world of which they've contributed so much to scrapped(not as in deleted, but taken out), and put into a new world with new systems, new mechanics, completely new layouts, etc.
[b]Be completely honest:
Why do you think I want Asyr to replace Obsidia as the primary world?
What do you think of Asyr?
What do you even KNOW about Asyr?[/b]
It seems that Obsidia has had it's run. It's aged, griefed, and is in need of replacement. Or so I assume, is your reason. I really like the concept of Asyr, but I've been skeptical as to how the players will like it. It's far more vast and complicated, compared to original old minecraft of which obsida was built off of. Asyr has changed a lot, from what I've seen, during the development. I'm not even entirely sure how it'll end up. Regrettably, I have not made any effort to help in the production of Asyr, and have, if anything, helped postpone it more.
[b]If we were to remove Obsidia, what would you want in it's place?[/b]
While I do like Obsidia, I feel we're in need of something new for a change, because of how old Obsidia is. I don't typically "play", but if I were to, I would be looking for something more complex than vanilla minecraft, but not too complex. Something that's easy to adapt to. I'm indecisive so I couldn't really specify anything I want.
[b]Despite it's size, would you want a complete download of Obsidia in the event of it being removed?[/b]
Not really. I can understand why some people would want as much, due to the amount of time they've put into the server and it's buildings, but in reality, it was made on a video game, so it is very temporary, and that's something we'd have to live with.
[b]
Given I'm actually asking all these questions, can you trust me to handle the situation as best I can, with everyone's best interests in mind? I have a dream that is Asyr and Darkspin is my stage. If I remain the director of this server, it will be my concern. Otherwise, I can focus my efforts on an entirely new server which will most likely replace Darkspin as you know it, to save costs, rather than start a new one elsewhere.[/b]
Yeah, I understand. I definitely think we don't respect what you do for the server, and we're quick to swat down any ideas that seem new and too far out.
[b]Comments[/b]
All I can say, is that I'm still looking forward to the release of Asyr, and I would like to actually help somewhat, rather than being counterproductive.
*insert deep quote/completely original joke here*
[Image: ]
