Post: #100
05-01-201304:27 PM
Well this wasn't a 'shitstorm' till you manufactured it with this thread. If it was anything of the sort, beforehand, you warped it into this all by yourselves. You've given those who want to keep GodMode, a fortified stronghold to relax in, and their desire to keep it is justified by that.
I want to remove it because of the message it conveys; that being part of staff, automatically means you're allowed to play unfairly. Sure, this is ultimately not the case, now with all the changes I've made over the past year, but it's the [i]message[/i] to the new players, that I care most about at this stage.
I am, however, satisfied with leaving GodMode for Moderators as it is, only on Obsidia and not on any other world, including the Nether. Because when Asyr is released, Obsidia will eventually become nothing but dust; where no one is interested enough to bother playing on it. And [i]that[/i] is how I will remove our historical world.. it's only civil that way.
[/quote]
I feel removing it conveys the message to the moderators that "you are not as important to us as the normal playerbase." That is why I am here defending it, until I feel there is a reason as to why it will IMPROVE the server by doing so.
If I am a new player on the server, how I play on the server is not affected by if mods have godmode or not. If I were a new player on the server, and i saw a mod with godmode I would think: "Hey, if I become good enough to become a mod, I can get a perk like godmode." Not everything is so black and white Viper. Not all the new members who come to the server will be so spoiled to think that they should have the same perks and status as STAFF.
And I'm willing to relent godmode in the Nether as long as it stays in Obsidia myself. While I'd almost rather keep it, the Nether IS meant to be a dangerous place.
Nothing comes to mind, but losing perma ban caused mods to lose quite a bit of power. (this may be a good thing, but it still happened.) I just feel like there isn't much given to mods, outside of what they need to do their job. My main worry stems from conveying a message to our mods that they aren't deemed important. But as with my comment above about how new players will perceive mods with godmode differently, mods will perceive this action differently as well.
(and yes I know mods are not afk kicked and don't have the teleport cooldown/wait time)
[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
