Actually when it's more than one or two people, that's when you should really take their criticism seriously. You cannot let it bring you down and defeat you. It's entirely up to you how to go about this. None of us are responsible for how you feel after receiving criticism, even if it is imprudent. You have many years ahead of you so to admit defeat now is utterly ludicrous. You will get this all through life and you should not be expecting other people to attempt to raise your confidence at the cost of instead giving you their opinion. If you let your emotions control you, you'll miss out on many opportunities.
I've given you quite a bit of advice on your builds and I hope you've paid attention. Your main issues are this:
You use bright colours without using other, duller blocks to separate them from each other. The problem with this is it's boring and uncomfortable to look at. You really need to use a variety of blocks, I told you this before you built that Obsidian/GoldBlock church and you went and stuck with one type of block for each feature. Instead you should have used two or three blocks for each feature. I'm not brilliant at explaining this, I know.
Your builds are too linear and.. square.
I gave you a circle to build in, expecting you to take advantage of it and perhaps... I don't know.. build something circular? But instead you built the exact same shape I criticized before that. If you want to declare you're upset with our criticism, imagine how we feel when you don't listen.
But lets say you aren't able to impress us with your builds...
That is completely fine! Half of this server's staff admit to their lack of build creativity. And you mentioned we'd be losing a leader.. I appointed them as leaders of this server. You don't need to be good at building to be a staff member, you just need to to get Mason and Artisan.
If it turns out you're not good at Minecraft builds, that is no problem. These days they tell you in school that you can do anything in life if you just set your mind to it. That isn't all true because no one is made for everything; there are some things we need to accept we can't do. Move on and try something else.
To summarize, here's some important advice for your building:
You need to spend more time on each build.
You need to use more materials.
You need more variety in shapes.
That church you were building, all levels were the same shape and design.. that's not interesting at all.
I've given you quite a bit of advice on your builds and I hope you've paid attention. Your main issues are this:
You use bright colours without using other, duller blocks to separate them from each other. The problem with this is it's boring and uncomfortable to look at. You really need to use a variety of blocks, I told you this before you built that Obsidian/GoldBlock church and you went and stuck with one type of block for each feature. Instead you should have used two or three blocks for each feature. I'm not brilliant at explaining this, I know.
Your builds are too linear and.. square.
I gave you a circle to build in, expecting you to take advantage of it and perhaps... I don't know.. build something circular? But instead you built the exact same shape I criticized before that. If you want to declare you're upset with our criticism, imagine how we feel when you don't listen.
But lets say you aren't able to impress us with your builds...
That is completely fine! Half of this server's staff admit to their lack of build creativity. And you mentioned we'd be losing a leader.. I appointed them as leaders of this server. You don't need to be good at building to be a staff member, you just need to to get Mason and Artisan.
If it turns out you're not good at Minecraft builds, that is no problem. These days they tell you in school that you can do anything in life if you just set your mind to it. That isn't all true because no one is made for everything; there are some things we need to accept we can't do. Move on and try something else.
To summarize, here's some important advice for your building:
You need to spend more time on each build.
You need to use more materials.
You need more variety in shapes.
That church you were building, all levels were the same shape and design.. that's not interesting at all.
