When new players join..
Post: #1
They 90% of the time lunge into the creative world or just go on into the mainworld's main places, without reading signs on rules, what to do ect. And then most of the time ask later on about something they need to know that the signs would have shown. I think there should be the plugin for new players (I cannot remember the name of it, I'll look later.) where it puts you through a series of questions related to the signs, like "What is the use of a lapis cross?" and if they answer wrong it put them back at the start. I'm not sure if it's worth doing this or not.[hr]
Bah, I put this in the wrong section, sorry.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #2
Yeah, I'm well aware of this and am planning a mandatory walk-through for new players.
  Reply
Post: #3
it very annoying when ask a million questions about stuff that is said in spawn
  Reply
Post: #4
I saw a cool thing on a server where they had a number of lava portals.... except only one of them was actually a portal. The other ones went nowhere. The location of the correct portal was written on a sign.

-- IGN: CyberWitch
  Reply
Post: #5
That's cool and all, Iyrael, but then they'll either just skip all of the other rules/help signs to find that one, or just quit the server from frustration.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #6

This would worry people if it was actually going to damage them or not. If the plugin in some odd occasion broke, it would cause a lot of problems with giving items back or checking what the cause was.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #7
Yeah the walkthrough needs to be easy so long as you actually read the signs.

I'm looking at starting it very soon.. If it'll work, I'm thinking of multiple choice for each area.
  Reply
Post: #8
The lava portal thing would be a first join only. So no problem with them losing items, they won't have any.

-- IGN: CyberWitch
  Reply
Post: #9
One time I was on a server and what they did was they hid random numbers on the rule signs and after reading them you had to punch in the code in some buttons. I didn't read the signs at first so I had to go back and read every sign to find the code. It was pretty clever!

[Image: ]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)