New server is up!
Post: #1
So peeps, it's working.
As small and probably unfinished as it is there is something to work off of now.

As much as the server works, I need reports from people on incorrect permissions or any other issues such as regions not being given the proper build permission and such.

NOTICABLE CHANGES FROM THE OLD WORLD (these can be changed if people don't like them) -

- No admin shop, advantages of this will provide more of an emphasis on player-based shops and will hopefully get rid of exploits or the making of a bad economy.

- kit added to allow players to claim a small amount of extra cash each day. This will hopefully keep the economy from getting depleted and also will give players a reason to start coming on regularly.

- Creative world does not use plotme anymore! After 5 hours of playtime you will be awarded the member rank that will allow you to access the creative world. This is going to be changed soon so that you can only build in regions claimed by yourself in the creative world. The regions will have to be made by admins manually but it should allow a lot more freedom and diversity than plotme.

- more coming soon.

So other than that, tell your friends and give your suggestions! I'm going to be advertising around the place and playing on it quite a bit in the next few weeks so jump on and have a chat. Hopefully we can bring back a once great community :)

You look like you're going to spend your life having one epiphany after another, always thinking you've finally figured out what's holding you back, and how you can finally be productive and creative and turn your life around; but nothing will ever change; that cycle of mediocrity isn't due to some obstacle, it's who you are.
[b]The thing standing in the way of your dreams
Is that the person having them is you.[/b]
  Reply
Post: #2

Gg, will check out in an hour or two. Will try to attract other people here so we aren't playing "by ourselves" like before.

and I call dibs on first creative plot >:c

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
  Reply
Post: #3
Well I think there should be a shop, but not admin level.
What I mean by that is they can only sell so much to the store at a time, due to the 'money' the store could generate.
I think this could prevent people from abuseing it, but I think its a nice compromise.

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply
Post: #4

Good idea, although again. It would put much less emphasis on player shops.

You look like you're going to spend your life having one epiphany after another, always thinking you've finally figured out what's holding you back, and how you can finally be productive and creative and turn your life around; but nothing will ever change; that cycle of mediocrity isn't due to some obstacle, it's who you are.
[b]The thing standing in the way of your dreams
Is that the person having them is you.[/b]
  Reply
Post: #5
Well, one of the ways to balance it out is to make it very limited. Like only allow players to sell to the store 3 diamonds a day. Real day.

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply
Post: #6
Well after talking about the idea that the store can only sell items the player can not get in-game without commands,(which BinoAl liked) I think that that could be a great way to make a shop that won't break the ecomony to much.

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply
Post: #7
Remove villagers, we know how exploitative they can be...

Both me and mike know this, me especially because of the Chainmail stuff in the 2nd map's shop (Ectedora or something, it was after Obsidia)

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
  Reply
Post: #8
Chain armor can only be get from villagers or mobs(very rarely), so if the system I proposed for the shop, that won't be a huge problem.[hr]
(its the other thread i'm talking about btw)

[color=#32CD32]mikeluigi64:[/color][color=#006400]Do you think I know nothing?
[/color][color=#9400D3]rth[/color][color=#FF1493]081094:[/color][color=#FFD700]Nope. Because if you know nothing, then you know something. Therefore you know something, which is nothing.[/color]

The world has ended.
It's time to load another.
  Reply
Post: #9
What I'm saying is that items that are hard to get lose their value even more with villagers.

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
  Reply
Post: #10

Villagers are generally only a problem with admin shops. If we were to add an admin shop selling unobtainable items, you would only be able to buy from it, not sell to it. It would serve as a money sink.

[Image: ]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)