Should LogBlock be changed to CoreProtect?
Yes, I think it'd be beneficial in the long term.
100.00%
8
No, I think it'd be too much hassle.
0%
0
8 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

(Staff) Should LogBlock be changed to CoreProtect?
Post: #1
Hello guys,

I was wondering if staff would be interested in me changing the Anti-griefing plugin, LogBlock to CoreProtect. I've been looking at CoreProtect for a while, and if you watch this video, you'll understand why I think it'll be a good move for the server.

[size=large][font=Arial]VIDEO[/font][/size]

If you don't want to watch the video, here's a basic rundown of why I think it'd be better.
-You can "Bring animals back to life" Yes, this means that using a command you can rollback animals if someone has killed them, neat huh?

-Chat logs can be viewed in-game (SeniorMod+): This means that I don't have to fish through the server files and use the unsightly logs that Minecraft provides us with, if a SeniorMod or Admin were to need them.

-Super easy rollback functionality(SeniorMod+): I always found the LogBlock rollback a bit counter-intuitive, and with Coreprotect it is very simple. You can specify radii, playername and time for accurate easy rollbacks. And it places signs, Frames, and flower pots exactly as they were, unlike LogBlock which usually misplaces them r doesn't place them at all.

That's to name a few of the features.
One inconvenience that could arise from installing this plugin is that the logs aren't compatible with our existing LogBlock logs as far as I know, meaning that there would be slight inconvenience for a handful of days after installing the plugin, but once all the logs were up to date I think it would be beneficial.

STAFF ONLY: Please vote on the attached poll indicating whether or not you are in support of this change.

Thanks!

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #2
Yeah, it can't hurt, as long as we get it all up and running asap. Geek actually mentioned some issues with logblock the other day (Animal kill logs not being ordered in any reasonable way)

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #3
Yeah, lb kills is working fine, you just can't lookup lb kills that a player has performed, it's currently all radius based which provides limitations when trying to figure out all the damage that someone has done. I find the ability to reincarnate animals especially neat.

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #4
The plugin has been added, I'll get around to doing permissions tomorrow.

[Image: ]

  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)